Senior Research Fellow – Asia Program
- Published on
ICRISAT invites applications from Indian nationals for the post of Senior Research Fellow – Asia Program. The position is based at ICRISAT- Patancheru Hyderabad.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in Sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Collect and assemble data on crop and weather from various sources
- Supervise on-station research trials at ICRISAT, Patancheru and coordinate the activities in farmers’ fields in various locations
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary teams along with project partners
- Constant interactions with farmers, researchers and officials of Government Department of Agriculture and Horticulture and act as a liaison person
- Recording of scientific data, prepare draft reports, collecting of the information about the farmers and undertaking the crop cutting experiments to record yields in the demonstration plots and guide technicians
- Assist scientists in the preparation of technical reports, and research papers and other related jobs from time to time
- M.Sc. Degree in Agronomy/Horticulture or any related field from reputed University / Institute with minimum 2 years of experience.
- Experience in conducting field experiments
- Keen analytical skills and ability to evaluate and validate experimental trials
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Aptitude and skills to draft reports, papers
- Experience in organizing capacity-building programs
- Knowledge in the use of software for statistical analysis
- Fluency in Telugu / Hindi
- Interest to work in an interdisciplinary team and the ability to interact with partner organizations
This is a consolidated position for three years renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 27-November-2018, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged. However, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer