Senior Research Fellow
ICRISAT is seeking applications for the post of Senior Research Fellow, from Indian Nationals with expertise in computational analysis to work on ICRISAT mandate crops. The incumbent will be based at ICRISAT Headquarters at Patancheru, Telangana State, India.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid tropics is home to over 2 billion people, with 650 million of these being the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Process and analyse sequencing data from Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) platforms using high-throughput genotyping / sequencing data
- Generating and performing genetic and genomic analyses using high-throughput genotyping / sequencing and phenotypic data for candidate gene discovery and marker development
- Use a variety of bioinformatics tools to analyze and manipulate resequencing and transcriptomic data
- Conducting expression studies using RNA-Seq data, gene ontology and metabolic pathway analysis
- Processing, analyzing, and archiving genomic data sets, conducting analyses, interpreting findings, and compiling of results and writing reports
- Any other work assigned by the supervisor
- Master’s degree in the area of Computational Genomics/Computational Biology/Biotechnology/Bioinformatics or similar with NET/GATE qualification and two years of research experience
- Preference will be given to candidate with working experience on genomics and next generation sequencing.
- Proficient in any one of the programming/scripting in languages: Python, Perl, PHP, R, Shell Scripting. Must be comfortable working on Linux and CLI environment
- Good team player in cross-functional environments with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
This is a consolidated position for 12 months, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent, funding availability, and the Institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 12 March 2021 with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer