Senior Program Manager (19-58)
Category: Research and Development
Location: Guwahati Assam India
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a dynamic and results-oriented Senior Program Manager (agricultural or social sciences) to lead the potato value chain, sustainable system intensification, training and extension activities of the APART project in the state of Assam, India.
The Project: The Assam Agribusiness and Rural Transformation project (APART) is implemented by the Assam Rural Infrastructure and Agriculture Services (ARIAS) Society and funded by the World Bank. APART is a comprehensive development project involving national and international partners to add value and improve resilience of selected agriculture value chains, focusing on smallholder farmers and agro-entrepreneurs in targeted districts of Assam. CIP’s engagement is to provide technical backstopping, innovations, and capacity building along the entire potato value chain to increase its productivity, and improve the livelihoods of small-scale and marginal farmers, thereby contributing to sustainable intensification and diversification of current production systems, including strengthening market linkages and supporting post-harvest value chain development. CIP will work in close collaboration with Assam government, university and private sector partners.
The Position: The Senior Program Manager should be driven by the desire to achieve impact on poverty through high quality development interventions in close coordination with project partners. The Senior Program Manager will have overall responsibility for all aspects of project implementation and reporting. He/she will directly supervise an interdisciplinary team of specialists. The position will be based in Guwahati, India and will report to Regional Director ASIA. This is a National recruited position that will work closely with other CIP science teams at CIP regional office in New Delhi, India and its headquarter in Lima, Peru. The assignment will include frequent travel within Assam and India.
What are we looking for?
- PhD level degree in agriculture, social sciences or another relevant field with strong field experience.
- Strong experience of at least 15 years in agriculture related area, coordinating multi-institutional collaboration projects.
- Project Management-Budget Monitoring-Advanced studies in specific field related to agriculture.
- field-based rural development project promoting agricultural or other technological innovation, preferably in potato in India
- Excellent knowledge of innovation systems research and underlying social science methodologies, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Experience of coordinating multi-institutional collaboration in support of rural communities and their governance structures.
- Experience in fundraising research, technical reporting and budget monitoring.
- Strong understanding of integrating gender and other social equity considerations into project design and delivery.
- Experience of coordinating rigorous M&E and hands-on technical reporting.
- Strong experience of using communication technologies as research and development tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are a must; additional communication skills in Hindi are an additional asset.
- Good record of scientific and technical publications.
- Willingness to travel frequently in-country and work
under field conditions.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
- CIP is an international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D
- CIP is a recent World Food Price Winner, and CIP has been recently awarded the Al-Sumait
Award for our Orange Flesh Sweet Potato work in Africa.
- CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world.
- CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a network of 15 research centers that are mostly located in the developing world and supported by more than 50 donor members.
What are we offering?
- Great career opportunity in an international organization.
- Generous compensation package commensurate with experience.
- One-year term contract with the possibility of renewal.
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
How to apply?
Submit your cover letter and a full C.V. with your references. Screening of applications will begin on May 17, 2019 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.