Senior Program Manager (19-32)
- Published on
Category: Research and Development
Location: Bhubaneswar Odisha India
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a dynamic and results-oriented Senior Program Manager (agricultural or social sciences) to lead our Odisha program involving potato and sweetpotato value chain, sustainable system intensification, seed system development and capacity building of local partners in the state of Odisha, India.
About the role: The Senior Program Manager should be driven by the desire to achieve impact on high quality development interventions in close coordination with OUAT, DoH and CPRI. She/he will have overall responsibility for all aspects of project implementation and reporting. He/she will directly supervise other scientists to be hired for the project. The position will be based in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India and the assignment will include frequent travel to different project districts in Odisha. The Senior Program Manager will report to the Regional Director for Asia.
- Conceptualize, plan, supervise and lead the implementation and reporting of plans and programs related to the assigned sub unit.
- Serve a part of the organization’s leadership team and contribute and lead to specific outputs of the strategic business plans.
- Develop and oversee implementation of strategies in accordance with agreed objectives of the Project and the team.
- Manage the preparation and/or development of annual work/budget plans based on research objectives and monitor the implementation.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with various stakeholders (public and private sectors), to coordinate cross functional research project outputs, time lines and delivery of new technologies/ techniques.
- Participate in organization wide activities and represent CIP at internal and external events.
- Publish scientific papers in high-impact academic journals according to the discipline, prepare project reports and policy briefs.
- Lead the preparations of research proposals and actively help securing funds and support.
- Supervise direct staff and contribute to their performance evaluations and identify succession planning and development.
What are we looking for?
- Ph.D. degree in agriculture/social sciences or another relevant field with strong field experience.
- At least 15 years of relevant experience in the agriculture field, coordinating multi-institutional collaboration projects.
- Experience in fundraising research, technical reporting and budget monitoring.
- Desirable Project Management studies or certifications.
- At least 15 publications in peer-reviewed journals indexed as the main author.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Oriya.
- Willingness to travel frequently within Odisha.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
- CIP is an international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background.
- CIP is a recent World Food Price Winner, and CIP has been recently awarded the Al-Sumait Award for our Orange Flesh Sweet Potato work in Africa.
- CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world.
- CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a network of 15 research centers that are mostly located in the developing world and supported by more than 50 donor members.
What are we offering?
- Great career opportunity in an international organization.
- Generous compensation package commensurate with experience.
- One-year term contract with the possibility of renewal.
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
How to apply?
Submit your cover letter and a full C.V. with your references. Screening of applications will begin on April 19, 2019 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted