Senior Manager, Evaluation, CGIAR System Advisory Services Shared Secretariat
Position: Senior Manager, Evaluation, CGIAR System Advisory Services Shared Secretariat
Grade: Bioversity Level 2 (UN equivalent – P5)
Duty Station: Rome, Italy
Closing Date for Applications: Sunday 14 April 2019
We are looking for a highly skilled professional to fill the position of Senior Manager, Evaluation of the CGIAR System Advisory Services Shared Secretariat (Shared Secretariat). This position is critical in providing successful implementation of the CGIAR System’s multi-year evaluation plan. It offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to a world free of poverty, hunger and environmental degradation.
Who We Are
CGIAR is a global research partnership for a food-secure future. CGIAR science is dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources and ecosystem services. Its research is carried out by 15 CGIAR Centers in close collaboration with hundreds of partners, including national and regional research institutes, civil society organizations, academia, development organizations and the private sector. These 15 Centers have close to 10,000 staff based in over 50 countries. Established in 2012, the CGIAR System Organization (an international organization headquartered in Montpellier, France) provides governance to the CGIAR System in collaboration with the System Council and has about 40 staff. The System Organization is committed to cultivating a work environment that reflects teamwork, gender equality, and respect for diversity.
Summary of the Position
This is a senior role, responsible for overseeing the provision of high-quality, objective advice and support to the CGIAR System through robust evaluation services. The Senior Manager, Evaluation reports to Director of the Shared Secretariat.
The Senior Manager, Evaluation will be accountable for oversight across the following areas:
- Delivery of the CGIAR System’s rolling evaluation work plan, in consultation with stakeholders;
- Delivery of high quality evaluations by external experts, as commissioned by the System Council;
- Revision and updating of evaluation policy, standards, guidelines and methodologies;
- Promotion of the effective use of evaluations across the CGIAR system and translation of evaluation policy into action;
- Management of staff and budget relevant to the evaluation work stream within the Shared Secretariat;
- Coordination of work load and work stream inputs and outputs across the Shared Secretariat, working closely with other Senior Managers;
- Creation of communication products and engagement events from evaluation findings and recommendations;
- Building of partnerships with national, regional and international evaluation bodies.
Skills and Competences
The position requires a highly skilled leader, collaborator and results-oriented professional with a track record of delivering evaluation services in a complex partnership-based environment. The ideal candidate must therefore possess an advanced university degree in a relevant field and have very high leadership competencies with respect to mission & values orientation, strategy orientation with initiative and conceptual thinking, stakeholder service orientation, collaboration and influence, decision making and talent management.
How to Apply
Please send your application to SMO-HR@cgiar.org by no later than Sunday 14 April 2019, ensuring that documents submitted do not contain your marital status, age or photograph.
All applications must include:
- The position title in the email subject line
- A CV (in English) which provides details of your qualifications, employment history, skills and experience
- A covering letter (in English) in which you succinctly address how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the role
Note: All received applications will be acknowledged. However, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applications received after the closing date for applications will not be considered.
Terms and Conditions of Employment
The successful candidate will be an employee of Bioversity International for and on behalf of the CGIAR System Organization, with the employment terms being according to the Personnel Policy Manual of Bioversity International. Please find more information about Bioversity International at www.bioversityinternational.org.
Appointments by the System Organization are generally made on a fixed-term basis of 3 years, which is renewable subject to the terms and conditions of the appointment. Comprehensive medical insurance, retirement contribution and performance-based incentives form part of the employment package. Full terms and conditions will be made available to shortlisted candidates.