Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a proactive, innovative, and self-motivated professional for the position of Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer to work with a team of Software Engineers, DevOps/Quality Assurance/Database specialists, and Requirements Analystis to contribute to the efficient development and implementation of the Enterprise Breeding System (EBS), an internationally developed, cross-team project at CGIAR.
The position is an opportunity for professionals to acquire experience and skills in standardized IT infrastructure and support model at regional level, and system administration based on ISO 20000. As such, the candidate will work with a team to solve challenging problems pertaining to modern on-premise and cloud-based IT services.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Build, unit-test and optimize system components for web applications using React, REST, Node.js and GraphQL following industry standards and best practices.
- Build components with significant requirements outside the presentation layer, using an approach that accommodates these functional concerns.
- Perform system analysis and programming activities which may require extensive research and problem solving
- Collaborate with designers, requirement analysts and engineers to build front-end components and update the existing UI to use them.
- Collaboratively work with SQA team to perform release validation testing and beta support for the system, ensuring timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Design, develop and conduct unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits while ensuring software testing is of high quality and as automated as possible.
- Build scalable and informative documentation in the form of references, guides, code comments, test plans, test cases, and reports while reinforcing the system at each step.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- The selected candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, electrical engineering, or other related fields. (Master’s Degree in a related field is desirable)
- The selected candidate must have at least 5 years of experience working in a similar role.
- The selected candidate must have previous experience in:
- Software development life cycle and system architecture
- Fluency in SQL, CSS, Materia UI, HTML and React.js.
- Experience in Develop Mobile Application (desirable)
- Expertise in Extract, transform and load (ETL) process.
- Understand the Advantages of Cross-Platform Applications
- Knowledge of python and Linux (desirable)
- Agile Scrum principles and values (highly desirable)
- Team Values: Work Ethic, Initiative, Team-player, and Communicates well.
- The selected candidate must be a highly motivated person with strong interpersonal skills, the candidate must have the ability to work successfully with multi-functional teams, principles and architects and coordinate effectively across organizational boundaries and geographies
- Advanced Level of English (conversational and written) (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR)
- High level of responsibility, confidentiality and discretion.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical thinking, Communication, Teamwork, Client Orientation, Problem solving and Decision making.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.