Senior Engineer (Electrical)
ICRISAT seeks applications from dynamic Indian Nationals for the position of Senior Engineer (Electrical). This position is based at ICRISAT Headquarters, Patancheru, Telangana, India.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru, Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR System Organization. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Should be able to lead a team of electricians for providing continuous power supply to the Institute round the clock
- Monitor the power consumption of the institute closely and take up power saving measures on a continuous basis and update MIS
- Closely interact with Scientists and other stake holders and support their electrical requirements in most efficient way
- Strictly adhere to all the electrical safety aspects across the institute and take up immediate rectification on observing non-compliance
- Liaise with Electricity board and Inspectorate personnel for Institute requirements and adherence of statutory requirements
- BE/B. Tech in Electrical or Electrical and Electronics Engineering with 5/10 years’ experience in the Electrical sections of Heavy industries.
- Should have thorough knowledge in the maintenance and operations of at least 33Kv / 11Kv sub stations and D.G sets of 500 KVA and above.
- Should be well aware of all Preventive and operational maintenance of Transformers and related switch gears, overhead lines, motors, generators etc.,
- Should be well versed in reading electrical drawings and executing new installations in co-ordination with other departments.
- Knowledge of Air conditioning systems of seed stores and cold rooms and related electrical circuitry are desirable.
This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) cadre position, initially for a period of three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 21 October 2018, with the letter of motivation, the latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer