Scientist Officer – Gender & Social inclusion research
ICRISAT is seeking applications from Indian Nationals for the post of Scientific Officer – Gender & Social Inclusion Research, for CIMMYT. The incumbent will be based at ICRISAT Headquarters in Patancheru, Telangana State, India.
CIMMYT – Asia Maize Program based at ICRISAT campus, Hyderabad (Telangana), India is seeking a highly motivated individual to work on CIMMYT’s strategies for gender and social inclusion in maize research. The candidate will work with colleagues and partners to expand the current evidence base on gender and social inclusion in maize based livelihoods in South Asia. He/ She will work on generating gender disaggregated data and information in maize R4D project operating in South Asia.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid tropics is home to over 2 billion people, with 650 million of these being the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Carry out research to strengthen the evidence base concerning the perspectives, roles, needs and constraints of men and women small-scale farmers of different social groups in maize- systems in South Asia.
- Identify and promote avenues for integration of effective gender transformative and socially inclusive approaches in maize research and technology development, -adaptation and –diffusion with a particular focus on South Asia.
- Contribute to institutional learning and change through networking and capacity strengthening for integration of gender and social inclusion in research at different levels in CIMMYT and among its partners.
- Willingness to travel for collecting various types of primary data and information from maize growing areas in South Asia.
- Publish research findings in international peer reviewed journals.
- Master degree in a relevant social science field from a recognized Indian university/institution
- At least 2 years of relevant experience working with gender/social inclusion-and-agriculture issues.
- Good theoretical and methodological background in research related to gender and social inclusion.
- Interest in, and experience of, applying mixed research methods (qualitative and quantitative).
This is a Locally Recruited Staff [LRS] position for Two years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent, funding availability, and the Institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 1 January 2019 with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer