Scientific Officer – Tata Education and Development Trust Project (Odisha)
ICRISAT seeks applications from dynamic Indian Nationals for the position Of Scientific Officer – Tata Education and Development Trust Project position to be based in Kalahandi district, Odisha, India.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru, Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR System Organization. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Supervise on-farm farmer participatory action research trials in Kalahandi district of Odisha
- Constant interactions with the farmers, researchers and Department of Agriculture officials and act as a liaison person in the district
- Travel within the district and providing technical support to the Farm Facilitators/Lead Farmers and Farmers in the district
- Recording of scientific data, prepare draft reports, collecting of the information about the farmers and undertaking the crop cutting experiments to record yields in the demonstration plots and guide technicians based in the district
- Regular and timely reporting for district activities and update to supervisors
- M.Sc (Agri) / M.Sc (Hort) or M.Sc in Biological Sciences (having relevant experience in agriculture) with fluency in English. Knowledge/fluency in Oriya will be preferred
- The candidate should have aptitude and skills to draft reports, papers
- Knowledge of M.S. Office is essential
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Oriya language is essential
- Well versed with Computer operations and digital reporting
- People with flair for field work, group interactions and suitable experience will be preferred
- Work in an inter-disciplinary team in multicultural and multinational environment and the ability to interact with partner organizations
This is a consolidated position for two years renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 28 November 2018, with the letter of motivation, the latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer