Scientific Officer – RS/GIS
- Published on
ICRISAT invites applications from Indian Nationals for Scientific Officer – RS/GIS. The position is based at ICRISAT- Patancheru Hyderabad, with the Global Research program on Innovation Systems for the Dryland (ISD).
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in Sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Analyze and organize data needed in developing and prioritizing ICRISAT mandate crops in South Asia (high resolution SAR and optical data)
- Assist the RS specialist in tasks related to interpretation of the imagery
- Conduct fieldwork for ground truth and validation of maps
- Collect data from partners
- Perform multi-tasking duties as may be assigned by Scientist from time to time
- Master’s degree in Remote sensing, GIS and related fields;
- 2+ years’ experience working in a Remote sensing lab or similar environment;
- Experience in programming skills like R/Python is highly desirable;
- Good knowledge of data management;
- Experience in RS/GIS like ERDAS/ ENVI, ArcGIS, MS Excel is highly desirable;
- Have a relevant experience in Semi-Arid Tropics (SAT) related research;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position for three years renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 14-Decemeber-2018, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer