Scientific Officer – Kisan Mitra Project (UP)
ICRISAT seeks applications for Scientific Officer – Kisan Mitra Project (UP) position to be based in Uttar Pradesh, India. This position reports to the District In-Charge Scientist.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Supervise on-farm farmer participatory action research trials in different districts of Uttar Pradesh
- Constant interactions with the farmers, researchers and Department of Agriculture officials, and act as a liaison person in the district
- Travel within the district and providing technical support to the Farm Facilitators/Lead Farmers and Farmers in the district
- Record of scientific data, prepare draft reports, collecting of the information about the farmers and undertaking the crop cutting experiments to record yields in the demonstration plots and guide technicians based in the districts
- Regular and timely reporting for district activities and update to supervisors
- M.Sc (Agri) / M.Sc (Hort) / M.Sc (Vet) / M.Sc in Biological Sciences with fluency in English. Knowledge/fluency in Hindi will be preferred
- The candidate should have the aptitude and skills to draft reports, papers and communication skills.
- Knowledge and fluency in the use of M.S. Office is essential
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential.
- Well versed with Computer operations and digital reporting
- People with a flair for field work, group interactions and suitable experience will be preferred.
- Work in the interdisciplinary team in a multicultural and multinational environment and the ability to interact with partner organizations
This is a consolidated position for two years renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 21-September-2018, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer