Scientific Officer- Data Technology
ICRISAT is seeking applications from candidates, who are dynamic and skilled database & software experts, to work at ICRISAT- Patancheru, Telangana.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Implement Data Management Workflows, Dynamic Data Oriented Web Services, Data Visualization and Data Management tools, Making Reports, Dashboards etc
- Excellent understanding of API’s and understanding of REST to interconnect various database platforms operational in ICRISAT
- Understanding of virtual environments and cloud computing
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree (with 2-3 years of research experience) in Computer Science
- Good understanding of various database software
- Good knowledge of Java/C++/R/Python as the programming languages with sound understanding of SQL/NoSQL database in short a full stack developer
- Understanding of LINUX and Windows environment
- Knowledge of Angular, Bootstrap and JS, Dockers is an add-on.
- Candidate should have firm experience in software development and use of source management such as Git.
- Experience in using Maven/Graddle or similar build systems.
- Excellent communication skills are needed to work in this multi-disciplinary, multi-location and multi-cultural team
This a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position, initially for a period of three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 30-September-2018, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer