Scientific Officer – CIMMYT
- Published on
CIMMYT-INDIA is seeking a highly motivated individual to become an integral member of a cross functional maize improvement team based in ICRISAT, Hyderabad.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Assist in generating and analyzing large scale molecular marker and field data to support CIMMYT’s regional germplasm development effort
- Responsible for day to day management of the molecular lab, managing both assets and sample and chemicals inventory
- Responsible for the database management and co-ordination with breeding informatics team
- Msc in Agricultural Biotechnology/ Molecular Biology/ Plant Breeding/ Genetics, or related field of study with at least 2 years of experience in an applied breeding program
- Excellent expertise in setting up and running of genetic mapping and molecular breeding related experiments
- Proficiency with applied molecular software to carryout phenotype analysis, QTL mapping, GWAS, GS and MAS
- Software skills for database management and experience working with large molecular databases
- Good understanding of applied genetic theories and molecular plant breeding
- Good communication abilities to assist in various training events conducted by CIMMYT
This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position for three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent, funding availability and the Institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 4 December 2018, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer