The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a proactive, highly skilled, innovative, and self-motivated professional for the position of Scaling Coordinator to support the individual and organizational capacity of CIMMYT, CGIAR, and partners for sustainable and responsible scaling.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Coordinate and facilitate virtual and live workshops and coaching programs on scaling and the Scaling Scan.
- Further development of capacity enhancement approaches (workshop/ ToT concepts) and materials (tools, contents, manuals, guides).
- Development and maintenance of a network of scaling workshop participants through an online platform
- Support the further development and promotion of the Scaling Scan and other tools
- Support scaling components of projects.
- Communication and social media presence of scaling work.
- General support to scaling advisor, including contributions to the science of scaling (publications), proposals, and reporting.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- The selected candidate must have a Masters in capacity development, agricultural extension, monitoring and results measurement, adult education, or any other relevant field.
- The selected candidate must have at least 3 years of proven experience in capacity development with a specific focus on agricultural technology adoption, and institutional development at the local level/regional level in a developing country context.
- The selected candidate must have knowledge about state-of-the-art theories on scaling and a proven ability to work beyond plot level on issues related to the enabling environment for large scale adoption
- The selected candidate has to show a solid understanding of agricultural development theories and processes in Latin America and Africa.
- Computer literate, in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and able to set up and manage online platforms
- Excellent moderation and facilitation skills
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability to work in different cultural contexts
- Excellent English and Spanish writing skills, French would be an advantage.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical Thinking, Creative thinking, Communication, Teamwork, Client Orientation, Problem Solving, Decision-making, and Negotiation-conflict resolution.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law, our package of benefits includes a year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, and social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.