Rural Markets and Inclusive Finance Manager
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic and results-oriented Rural Markets and Inclusive Finance Manager to work with the Integrated Development Program.
The main goals to be achieved by the selected candidate are:
- To lead CIMMYT’s vision on Rural Markets and Inclusive Finance.
- To develop CIMMYT’s Rural Markets and Inclusive Finance Chapter.
- To contribute to the growth and consolidation of CIMMYT’s Integrated Development approach for Resilient Agrifood Systems.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Create, implement, and document strategies and projects resulting in enhanced food production systems and livelihoods embedding CIMMYT and partners’ knowledge and resources in relevant market and finance topics towards systemic interventions and impact-oriented goals.
- Steer the generation and validation of innovative farmer-market linkages models incorporating inclusive finance and other innovative approaches involving public and private entities.
- Contribute to the sustained growth and resilience of producers -smalllholder farmers in particular- and their organizations in target regions, identifying avoidable bottlenecks and untapped opportunities .
- Devise innovative project proposals and new business model.
- Lead projects in support to farmer aggregation and rural finance with a social inclusion perspective.
- Manage strategic relationships locally and globally, including enhancing existing and new partnerships models, and representing the organization at events and conferences.
- Contribute to awareness raising and capacity development processes on financial services awareness and provision.
- Share technical guidance/knowledge at the governmental and peer levels as well as to inspire more junior specialists and staff in the development of compelling projects leading to the growth of professional capacities in the Chapter and beyond.
- Ensure continuous learning, knowledge management, coordination of communities of practices, awareness raising and technical capacity building .
- Coordinate and produce markets and rural finance specific marketing and communication materials in collaboration with the responsible support units.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in similar areas.
- Senior development professional with proven experience will be an added value.
- At least 8 years, in the design and implementation of market access strategies, value chains and rural finance, including the provision of technical guidance and input to development programs and investment projects. At least 3 of the 8 years of experience should be at the international level.
- Experience value chain development and rural finance as well as strong engagement with private sector actors are required.
- Advanced knowledge of ESG and Sustainability would be desirable.
- The candidate is expected to bring in a wide international network of partners for development in the areas of agribusiness, trade for development and/or rural finance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Working knowledge of Spanish would be an advantage.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Problem Solving and Decision-making, Critical Thinking, Creativity and Client Orientation.
The position is for an initial fixed term for three (3) years, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT’s internationally competitive salary and benefits include housing allowance, car, comprehensive health and life insurance, assistance for children’s education, paid vacation, annual airfare, contribution to a retirement plan, and generous assistance with relocation shipment.
Candidates must apply here for IRS21146_Rural Markets and Inclusive Finance Manager. Screening and follow up of applications will begin on Monday, February 21, 2022. Applications must include a CV and a cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. For further information on the selection process, please contact Yessica Castillo, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.