Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow
- Published on
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to fill the position of Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow for a two-year, fixed-term, exempt, renewable appointment for its CGIAR Research Program on Policies, Institutions, and Markets (PIM). This position will report to the PIM Director. The Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow will work with the Director in management of the PIM portfolio with special focus on review of quality of research products and monitoring impact. The Fellow will also contribute directly to research efforts with particular emphasis on assessing impact and returns to research. The Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow will work with the Director in representing the PIM program to donors, clients, and partners and building constructive relationships with them.
The CGIAR Research Program on Policies, Institutions, and Markets works to facilitate identification and adoption of policy reforms and market and institutional innovations that will contribute to improved agricultural performance, reduced rural poverty, and better management of natural resources. Led by International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), PIM brings together CGIAR centers and multiple partners from the agricultural and development communities from around the world.
- In coordination with the Director, monitor completion of research work already in the portfolio and review quality.
- Oversee efforts to track applications of the research undertaken through PIM and to record and evaluate impacts achieved. Contribute to development of metrics to monitor progress of PIM and a system of measuring relevant indicators.
- Contribute to development of strategic directions for the program.
- Contribute to development of key partnerships and relations with donors.
- Represent PIM in external fora as needed.
- Publishing research in peer-review publications as well as communicating research to the broader agricultural, economics, and development communities.
- Contributing to preparation of internal and external program reports and reviews.
- PhD in agricultural economics, economics or social science
- At the SRF level – 7+ years of post-PhD experience relevant to the job
- At the RF level – 5+ years of post-PhD experience relevant to the job
- Experience with complex research programs
- Demonstrated interest in applications of research and experience in tracking impact
- Demonstrated ability to critically assess own and others’ research
- Excellent publication record in PIM related themes in peer-reviewed journals
- Demonstrated experience in effective interactions in a multicultural and international development setting with other researchers and with policymakers, donors, and civil society, facilitating impact of research and capacity strengthening
- External recognition within peer professional network due to publications and other leaderships activities
- Willingness to travel as required, roughly 15 – 20 %
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills with demonstrated excellence in written and oral presentations
- Demonstrated leadership skills and strong experience building and managing teams
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is an equal employment opportunity employer – F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.