Research Fellow - Knowledge Management - remote
Main purpose of position
The fellowship aims to promote a better understanding of KM, providing assistance to young researchers specializing in fields relevant to KM activities, and offers an exceptional first employment experience to young graduates while supporting the implementation of the project’s activities.
He/she reports to the Monitoring and Evaluation (MEL) Specialist and to a co-supervisor from ICARDA. As part of KM Team, he/she will liaise with the concerned activity scientists.
1. Support the implementation of selected project’s activities. Provide support offline and online for the project’s partners.
2. Learn about relevant methods, tools and skills to inform and support the development of the project’s Knowledge Strategy and related uptake strategies.
3. Ensure that up-to-date data and documentation about the project is timely collected, packaged and reported in Knowledge Portal (KP), following best practices to sustain evaluations and impact assessment efforts.
4. Support the user-based testing and piloting of the KP platform enhanced with new features to be used.
5. Provide support in identifying outcome stories, research innovations and policies for reporting and publishing on website and social media.
6. Document and catalogue existing data available on research activities according to specific unit guidance and templates.
7. Link the data to project and program outputs (reports, publications, briefs, datasets, photos, tools, etc.) available in the existing repositories of the Partners.
8. Support the Plan of Work Budget and Annual Report processes.
Education, qualifications and experience
Essential qualifications and competencies
· Master’s degree in relevant field with demonstrated interest in the field.
· Up to 3 years of experience.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
· Strong computer skills and very good skills in using MS Office
· Strong organisational skills and attention to details
· Knowledge of or experience working on international development issues, especially in areas related to ICARDA’s mandate.
Desirable qualifications and competencies
· Knowledge of French, Arabic and/or Russian
Terms of appointment
The research fellowship is carried out remotely and is home-based; closeness or willingness to locate at ICARDA offices are optional and would be an advantage. ICARDA will provide a stipend.
How to apply
Please apply online at https://apps.icarda.org/iea/ by September 30, 2019. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
ICARDA is committed to increasing women representation in its workforce and strongly encourages applications from women.
Applications will be acknowledged, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.