Research Associate – Genomics & Trait Discovery
ICRISAT invites applications from dynamic and young Indian nationals for the position of
Research Associate – Genomics & Trait Discovery. This position is based at ICRISAT Headquarters in Patancheru, Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Participate in all phases of idea development, experimental designs, experiments execution, data collection, and data analysis of phenotyping experiments for NUE related traits in diverse germplasm of sorghum and pearl millet in controlled environment conditions and/or field
- Genetic/genomic analyses of high-throughput genotyping/sequencing and phenotypic data for trait discovery and QTL analyses
- Processing, analyzing, and archiving large-scale genomic, phenomics data sets, assessing data quality, conducting analyses, interpreting findings, and communicating findings to others including preparation of reports, presentations, posters and journal articles
- Manage lab or field workers as required
- Work closely with other partners of the consortium at national and international level
- PhD in Genetics/Plant Breeding/Plant Physiology/Agricultural Biotechnology or related fields preferably with 2-3 years of post-PhD experience
- Experience in phenotypic analyses in green house/field of sorghum or pearl millet is preferred
- Experience in NUE related areas is desirable
- Experience in QTL mapping and NGS-based data analysis is preferred
- Familiar with standard computational genomic, gene expression and statistics analysis tools and emerging software platforms relevant to trait discovery
- A team player with excellent writing, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills and with an ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a cross-functional team environment
This is a consolidated position for one year, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent, budget availability and the Institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 28 October, 2018; with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer