Research Assistant, Nutritionist
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking to recruit three (3) dynamic and experienced Research Assistant, Nutritionist to provide support in the implementation of the “Enhancing Agricultural Recovery and Combatting Malnutrition in Drought-Affected Southern Madagascar Utilizing Nutritious, Climate-Resilient Vitamin A Sweetpotato“ BHA project in Madagascar.
The Position: This position will be hosted by AfricaRice in Madagascar. The selected candidate will be based in Atsimo andrefana, Androy and Anosy, they will report to the Project Coordinator.
- Strengthen quality in nutrition intervention delivery and ensuring mainstreaming of root and tuber crops nutrition in health, agriculture, education, community development and social welfare in synergy with all partners.
- Conduct, analyze and document the experiment’s findings to contribute with the internal discussion and potential publication paper.
- Conduct awareness campaign on nutrition in collaboration with ONN and NGO working in nutrition.
- Provide technical and planning support to design and coordinate food availability surveys, consumption studies, and other nutrition related studies.
- Supervise research activities in different settings to guarantee the experiments implementation and execution is being followed correctly.
- Contribute to the development of advocacy materials, nutrition messages, food guides, recipe books, and media strategies to create awareness of the health benefits.
- Support on administration and logistics operations to guarantee an effective supply chain for the project’s needs.
- Support first level analysis of related nutrition data to guarantee the results are accurate and complete.
- Develop new strategies for different projects activities to contribute with new protocols and procedures.
- Ensure that risk are taken into account in the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in degree in Nutrition, Food Science, Biology, or related area. Master’s Degree preferred.
- At least 3 years’ experience required in similar positions.
- Advance level skill using MS Office software packages (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Advance knowledge of database work
- Excellent French and Malagasy speaking and writing skills; working knowledge of English
- Experience in conducting capacity building activities at smallholder farmers levels
- Familiarity with government nutrition programs
- Willingness to travel by road frequently throughout Southern Madagascar and conduct filed research under challenging conditions
- Working under stress with difficult conditions
Why should you consider this opportunity?
- CIP is a global and reputable international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background.
- CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world.
- CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
What are we offering?
- Excellent working environment.
- Compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Fixed term contract of 1 year with possibility of renewal subject on performance and availability of funds.
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
How to apply?
Visit the following link: https://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/ and submit your cover letter and a full C.V in English with your references. Screening of applications will begin on January 22, 2024 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will have contact with children or vulnerable adults.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org.
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.