Research Analyst I/Research Analyst II
- Published on
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is seeks to hire 2 highly motivated, energetic and data-oriented Senior Research Assistants/Research Analysts (RA) to work with senior researchers from the Poverty, Health and Nutrition Division at IFPRI’s New Delhi Office and with researchers at IFPRI’s Washington office. The successful candidates will support quantitative research to support policy engagement activities under a broad portfolio of research on nutrition and health in India.
Job duties will include support to quantitative data analysis, literature reviews including policy and program reviews and support to preparation of reports and journal manuscripts. Support to policy and stakeholder communications activities is also expected. Successful candidates will work with an energetic set of senior researchers based both in IFPRI’s New Delhi and Washington DC offices who straddle academic fields in economics and nutrition and work in strong collaborative project teams. Opportunities exist for co-authored publications, conference presentations and travel within India and abroad.
This position is a one-year, fixed-term, renewable appointment, based at IFPRI’s regional office in New Delhi, India. Interested applicants must have work authorization to work in India.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzing large survey data sets on nutrition, health, with an emphasis on quality of health and nutrition services
- Conducting literature reviews, preparing presentations and presentation materials.
- Providing research and analytical support for workshops and conference
- Support activities related to communications and knowledge mobilization (media engagement, stakeholder consultations, writing blogs, preparation of research and policy briefs)
- Travel, as needed, to field sites or internationally
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Development Studies, Public Health, Nutrition or related field plus two years of relevant professional experience or Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Development Studies, Public Health, Nutrition, or related field
- At the Research Analyst II level, a minimum of 3 years’ relevant post-Masters experience is required.
- Experience using statistical software packages, especially Stata
- Prior work experience with research organizations in India
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Ability to work efficiently, independently, and pay close attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills, high energy, ability to multi-task and work well with people
- Willingness and ability to travel within India, including to rural areas, and internationally
- Prior experience with survey data such as NFHS or NSSO and/or administrative data from programs
- Experience working with international and national researchers
- Knowledge of major health, nutrition, social protection or livelihoods programs in India