Research Analyst I
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to serve as a Research Analyst I within the Environment and Production Technology Division’s Agricultural Science and Technology Indicators (ASTI) program. This is a 7-month, exempt, fixed-term appointment based in Washington D.C.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in basic data cleaning, prepare large datasets and maintain up-to-date content on the ASTI website.
- Assist, as needed, in survey data processing and cleaning
- Conduct quantitative analysis of agricultural R&D investment and productivity data
- Assist in conducting literature reviews & synthesis, drafting reports, papers, briefs, and memos as requested
- Respond to internal/external data and analysis requests
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree plus two years of relevant professional experience or Master’s degree in Agricultural or Development Economics, or a related field
- Experience using statistical packages (Stata, preferred), mathematical optimization and modeling (GAMS), proficiency in the use of spreadsheets (Excel), and experience in the analysis of large household and secondary datasets.
- Familiarity with theoretical and technical issues related to agriculture, economic development, and food security.
- Excellent drafting skills and analytical mind.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in-depth statistical analysis and report the results.
- Experienced in conducting literature reviews of academic publications, research reports, etc.
- Demonstrated fluency in written and spoken English
- Excellent English writing skills, especially technical and academic writing.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills and ability to work in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage time, to and consistently meet deadlines
- Demonstrated professional level of attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Ability to work independently, with initiative and minimal supervision.
- Strong background in microeconomics and statistics
- Familiarity with working on development issues in Africa, Asia, and/or Latin America
- Proficiency in a second language of the U.N. system