Request for Proposals: CGIAR System Organization Accounting Outsourcing
What we are seeking:
The CGIAR System Organization (System Organization or SO) is seeking Professional Services for the management of its accounts payable (AP) lifecycle, preparation of bank reconciliations and reports for French VAT recovery. Transactions are to be processed in the Organization’s ERP system Agresso Business World – Unit 4 (OCS). Books of accounts are to be maintained as per the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Deliverables and timeline:
General tasks include:
Maintenance of accounting books, management of accounts payable (AP) lifecycle, advice with regards to the adoption and/or early adoption of relevant IFRS standards.
The services will be provided remotely from the service provider’s office using available tools for remote working and communication.
Specific tasks include:
- Receipt of invoices and supporting documentation from the System Organization (SO) on a weekly basis.
- Review of documentation for accuracy and compliance with SO applicable policies and procedures.
- Registration of invoices in OCS.
- Preparation and submission of bank remittance proposal file to the SO bank account for online approval of SO authorized signatories.
- Remittance confirmation in the bank and payments confirmation in OCS.
- General ledger update and reporting of payments processed.
- Preparation of AP ageing reports.
- Preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Preparation of French VAT recovery report and required forms.
- Provide advice with regards to the adoption and/or early adoption of relevant IFRS standards.
- Support in addressing accounting backlogs and assisting SO accounting department with the implementation of internal control measures.
Volume of transactions (average):
- System Organization annual budget: USD 15 million
- Invoices processed monthly: 200
- Travel expenses processed monthly: 20
- Management and reporting of accounts payable – as per calendar provided by the SO.
- Preparation of bank reconciliations – monthly.
- French VAT recovery report and forms – quarterly.
- Advice with regards to the adoption and/or early adoption of relevant IFRS standards – as new applicable standards or reviews are published or as required.
- Support in addressing accounting backlogs and assisting SO accounting with the implementation of internal control measures – as required.
Aug 09, 2019 – Deadline for submission of proposals. (Deadline may be extended if a sufficient number of proposals are not received.)
Aug 17, 2019 – Service provider selected and informed by SO
Aug 24, 2019 – Agreement with service provider signed
Sep 01, 2019 – Services starting date.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- The Proponent must have experience in IFRS, accounting for International Organizations, NGOs, Government or other public entities.
- The Proponent must have at least five years of operations.
- The Proponent must demonstrate that the composition and professional capabilities of the proposed consulting team are suited to the scope of the work.
- The partner and team assigned for the work must be fluent in English.
An internal review committee has been established to assess the proposals. Following receipt of the proposals, the committee will analyze the proposals, and if shortlisted, the company will be invited to a virtual call to present their proposal.
The Evaluation Criteria to select the service provider will be as follows:
Company profile: 10%
Experience and professional capabilities of the partner(s) and proposed team: 10%
Technical Proposal: 40%
The Technical Proposal should include:
- Company profile
- Composition of team allocated for the services
- List of three clients for which a similar set of services are currently being provided. Please include contact details for reference check.
Who we are:
CGIAR is a global research partnership for a food-secure future. CGIAR science is dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources and ecosystem services. Its research is carried out by 15 CGIAR Centers in close collaboration with hundreds of partners, including national and regional research institutes, civil society organizations, academia, development organizations, and the private sector. These 15 Centers have close to 10,000 staff based in over 50 countries.
The CGIAR System Organization, which is an international organization headquartered in Montpellier, France, provides governance to the CGIAR System in collaboration with the System Council and has about 40 staff, with annual budget of USD 15 million. The Organization is committed to cultivating a work environment that reflects teamwork, gender equality, and respect for diversity. We endeavor to foster a multi-cultural environment that is free of any form of harassment and discrimination; and that embraces and values individuals regardless of age, ethnicity, race, gender, national or social origin, marital status or any other form of personal identity.
How to submit a proposal:
Please submit a narrative proposal and a budget proposal as two separate documents to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Both documents can be attached to the same email.
Narrative proposal will consist of a document of no more than 10 pages.
Budget proposal will be presented in US dollars using Microsoft Excel or similar format.
All proposals must be received no later than 09 August 2019, 17:00 Paris time. Only electronically submitted proposals will be considered. Deadline for submission of proposals may be extended if a sufficient number of proposals are not received.