Request for proposal – Revamping Local Network at ICRISAT Campus, Patancheru
Request for proposal Revamping Local Network at ICRISAT Campus, Patancheru
Date: October 14, 2019
The International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) is a non‑profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in the drylands of Asia and sub-Saharan Africa. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid or dryland tropics has over 2 billion people, and 644 million of these are the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT conducts research on five highly nutritious drought-tolerant crops: chickpea, pigeon pea, pearl millet, sorghum and groundnut.
ICRISAT and its partners help empower the poor people of semi-arid tropics to overcome poverty, hunger and a degraded environment through better agriculture. ICRISAT envisions a prosperous, food-secure and resilient dryland tropic. To achieve this, its mission is to reduce poverty, hunger, malnutrition and environmental degradation in the dryland tropics. It approaches this through partnership-based international agricultural research for development that embodies Science with a Human Face.
ICRISAT is a member of the CGIAR System, which unites organizations engaged in research for a food-secure future. ICRISAT is headquartered in Hyderabad, Telangana State, in India, with two regional hubs (Nairobi, Kenya and Bamako, Mali) and country offices in Niger, Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Ethiopia and Mozambique.
The requirements are to begin with indicative in nature and later small change may takes place depending on options and price offered by vendors. ICRISAT will discuss the changes with selected supplier and proposed final requirements.
ICRISAT encourage the suppliers to visit the site and understand details to make proposal more effective. Visit has to be routed thru ICRISAT’s Purchase Department on mutually agreed date and time.
Ethernet Manageable Switches:
- 2 numbers of Layer-3 manageable ethernet switch with 24 number of 10g Ports, 2 numbers of 40g port for stacking. With SFP modules and stack cables. To be deployed in server room.
- 27 number of layer-2 manageable ethernet switch with 24 nos of 1g ports and 2 nos of 10g ports and SFP modules.
Deployed in departments with name given in annexure-I.
- Configuration of ports may change, and it will depend on options and cost of switches.
- All the above switches will be VLAN compatible and configured with QOS
- Preferred brand could be Cisco, Juniper, Mellanox, Cambium or similar reputed brand
Fiber Cable and related accessories:
- 12 core multimode fiber of OM4 type which supports 10 Gigabit Ethernet (indicate brand name of the cable being offered) for indoor use and can support up to 10G speed (Qty: 10,000 meters).
- 25 numbers of LIU units to connect 12 core fiber in each department.
- Large LIU Jack Panel unit with approximate 300 connections to terminal 25 numbers of 12 core fiber in server room.
- Termination and line checking and tagging help at both the end of 25 fiber segments.
- All necessary connectors and modules to connect to switch and around 50 Patch cable (fiber to ethernet)
- Laying fiber from server room to 25 numbers of departments using existing underground tunnel.
- We encourage vendor to look at suggested path for each cable going from server room to departments. Approx. length of each segment – 400 meters.
Configuration of the network.
- Fiber Network will work at 10 G Speed.
- After commissioning fiber network and connecting with above mentioned switches we expect vendor to configure VLANs as per the information given in Annexure-I.
- Vendor using web interface in layer-3 and layer-2 switches will demonstrate the construction of network and show how to monitor various segments.
- Vendor will provide detail documents containing VLANs configuration, each switch’s configuration and prepare a network diagram showing information about each ports of the network.
Certification and Testing
- Once network is commissioned with desired configuration and speed and handover to ICRISAT. Team comprise of 1) ISU Head, 2) Network and Server Administrator and 3) Purchase Head will arrange to test the performance and configuration of the network and revert to vendor for correction if required.
Modularity: It is a key requirement, in the sense that incremental additions should be possible at the hardware & software levels, as evolving needs justify expansion.
Scalability and expandability are the stated requirements of the proposed campus network at ICRISAT Campus. The solution should be scalable and expandable, if required, should be easy with minimal changes in the network.
Flexibility: Flexibility and ease of adding new services or features (Data, Voice, Video, and Wireless etc.) required due to the dynamic operating environment. Also note that at present ICRISAT does not require VOIP or wi-fi ports on the switches. The proposed solution should also be flexible enough to support current standards and foreseen upcoming standards.
Quality of Service (QoS) required in the proposed network as various user groups and various applications will be running on the network. All the network components being proposed should support traffic policies and QoS.
Reliability: High Reliability of all the products constituting the core of the campus network & other sub systems is crucial. The products should have the self-healing with fast convergence features in case of any failure. The equipment proposed in the document should have high Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) and proven reliability.
Simplicity: The proposed network design should be simple with minimum variety of components and preferably from one or two manufacturer(s). This also implies simple to understand, implement & maintain the entire system.
The bidder should be a manufacturer / authorized distributor or large-scale system integrator of the required networking equipment.
The Technical Proposal should include:
- Company profile
- List of clients for which a similar set of services provided.
- Detailed BOQ (indicating make and model number)
- The brochures giving details of the products and other supporting documents should also be attached.
Commercial Proposal should include:
Itemized costs and applicable taxes to be shown separately. Pricing proposal to be presented in Indian Rupees (INR) using Microsoft Excel or similar format.
The prices should for delivery at ICRISAT Stores, Patancheru.
Maximum discount as could be offered, should be mentioned.
ICRISAT will not make any advance payments. The payment terms will be 40 percent on successful delivery and physical inspection of all the material including activate and passive components. 40 percent on successful installation, commissioning and acceptance. Balance 20 percent after 30 days from the date of acceptance.
Indicate clearly applicable terms for Guarantee/Warranty, Validity of quote etc.
Timelines: Supply, installation, commissioning, testing and handing over of the total project to be completed on or before 10/12/2019.
FYI, ICRISAT can import anything from any country without payment of customs duties. If substantial portion of items are of imported nature, bidders are requested to submit offer in USD for direct importation from the OEM or its authorized overseas offices.
Proposals could form the basis for a contract between you/your organization and ICRISAT. This letter is not to be construed in any way as an offer to contract with you/your organization. ICRISAT reserves the right to accept or reject any Proposal and to annul the solicitation process and reject all Proposals at any time prior to the awarding of the contract, without incurring any liability to the Bidder or any obligation to inform the Bidder or Bidders of the grounds for its action. ICRISAT will award the contract to the qualified Bidder whose Proposal, after being evaluated by ICRISAT, is considered by ICRISAT to be the most competitive and appropriate for the needs of ICRISAT.
How to submit a proposal:
Please submit your detailed proposal in a Sealed cover through post or by hand addressed to:
PURCHASE, SUPPLIES AND DISPOSAL SERVICES (PSDS)
PATANCHERU 502324, TELANGANA
DESCRIPTION: REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL FOR REVAMPING OF NETWORK AT ICRISAT CAMPUS.
All proposals must be received no later than 31 October 2019 (Thursday), 15:00 IST. Proposals received in Sealed Covers only will be considered for evaluation.
ICRISAT shall not be responsible for any postal delay about non-receipt/non-delivery of the documents.
In case of any clarifications, please address them through email to email@example.com
Annexure – I Detail about VLAN Conf and layer-2 Switches and other network information
|No||Department Name||Building No / Floor||Layer-2 switch needed||Net Speed||Cable Type||VLAN Name/No||Other Info|
|1||ISU / SMC||200 FF||Yes||10G||Fiber||ISU / 101|
|2||DG / DDG / ADG-ER / Communication||200 FF||Yes||10G||Fiber||DG / 110|
|3||HR / IAU||200 FF||Yes||10G||Fiber||HR / 120|
|4||Finance||200 GF||Yes||10G||Fiber||Finance / 130|
|5||RF Auditorium||200 GF||No||1G||UTP||ISU / 101|
|6||DG Conf room||200 FF||No||1G||UTP||ISU/101|
|5||Publication / SAT||200 GF||Yes||10G||Fiber||Publication / 140|
|6||CEGSB||300 GF||Yes||10G||Fiber||CEGSB / 150|
|7||Great Lake Conf (from 300 Building)||306 GF||No||10G||Fiber||ISU / 101|
|8||CF Bentley Conf||212 GF||Yes||10G||Fiber||CFBC / 160|
|9||Innovations Program||212 FF||Yes||10G||Fiber||Innovations / 170|
|10||Sahil Conf||307 GF||No||10G||Fiber||ISU / 101|
|11||Pathology||301 GF||Yes||10G||Fiber||Pathology / 180|
|12||Asia Program||302 GF||Yes||10G||Fiber||Asia / 190|
|13||Partners1||303 GF||Yes||10G||Fiber||Partners1/ 200|
|14||Partners2||303 FF||Yes||10G||Fiber||Partners2/ 210|
|15||Gene bank||305 GF||Yes||10G||Fiber||Gene bank / 220|
|16||Breeding||305 FF||Yes||10G||Fiber||Breeding / 230|
|17||Greenhouse||308 GF||Yes||10G||Fiber||Greenhouse / 240|
|17.1||309 Building GF||309 GF||YES||10G||Fiber||Greenhouse / 240|
|18||FES (from 302GF)||401||Yes||10G||Fiber||FES / 250|
|18.1||FES Program Office (from FES)||401/1||YES||10G||UTP||FES / 250|
|19||Auto store (from FES)||401/2||Yes||10G||Fiber||FES / 250|
|20||ILRI (From FES)||501||No||10G||Fiber||ILRI / 270|
|21||AVRDC (from ILRI)||502||No||10G||Fiber||AVRDC / 280|
|22||PSDS + auto stores), + Petrol bunk)||206, 208, 401/3 & 403/1,2)||Yes||10G||Fiber||PSDS / 290|
|23||PTTC||–||Yes||10G||Fiber||PTTC / 300|
|24||AIP / ROS||–||Yes||10G||Fiber||AIP / 310|
|25||HFS||–||Yes||10G||Fiber||HFS / 320|
|26||EPABX room||314GF||Yes||10G||Fiber||EPABX / 330|
|27||IWMI (presently vacant) (from FES)||No||1G||UTP||IWMI / 340|
Each connection to department will be from server room unless mentioned in ().
Click here to Download PDF