Regional Manager, Latin America (N-21-63)
Category: Research and Development
Location: Lima, Lima, Peru
The International Potato Center (CIP) is searching an outstanding, highly dynamic and passionate candidate as Regional Manager / Hub Director, Latin America to performe the role of Hub Director and build, lead, and inspire the Regional Stewardship Hub in South America for a hosted organization, the Wyss Academy for Nature.
The Wyss Academy for Nature (WA) at the University of Bern’s vision is to achieve a just and sustainable world in which nature conservation and human wellbeing reinforce each other. We are a place of innovation, where research, business, policymakers, practitioners and communities come together to co-design solutions for sustainable futures. Our goal is to research, develop, and implement innovative solutions to tackle climate change, biodiversity loss, land use change and rising inequality by connecting technical, social, economic, institutional and policy innovations at the interface of nature and people. The WA comprises four regional hubs, one each in Europe (Switzerland), South America (Peru), East Africa (Kenya), and Southeast Asia (Laos).
the strategic direction of the WA in South America. He/she will demonstrate strong experience working at the interface of science, policy, and practice in the South America Region, is strongly committed to creating concrete positive impacts for nature and people, is experienced in project/program management and is willing to collaborate with partners and institutions from different cultural and professional backgrounds. The Regional Manager will be based in Lima, Peru and report to the Heads of Regional Stewardship Hubs, Dr Eva Ludi and Dr Andreas Heinimann, based in Bern, Switzerland.
What are we looking for?
- MSc or PhD degree related to the relationship of nature and people (e.g. Geography, Sustainability), or equivalent
- At least 15 years’ experience at higher management level, holding positions of increasing responsibility, in the areas
of sustainable development, nature conservation, and/or natural resource management in the public, private or Civil Society Organisation sector.
- Track record of working at the interface of science, policy and practice.
- Extensive networks among actors active in the field of sustainable development, nature conservation, and natural resource
management in Peru and the South America Region.
- Willingness to work in an international setting with frequent travels (regionally and internationally).
- Self-motivated, passionate and impact-driven personality with proven experience in leading and managing collaborative
initiatives involving actors from different sectors (academic, public, private), with different cultural backgrounds and languages.
- Prior experience working in innovation labs, incubator schemes and/or private entrepreneurship an asset.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in Spanish and English both written and oral.
What are we offering?
- Great career opportunity in an international organization.
- Generous compensation package commensurate with experience.
- One-year term contract with the possibility of renewal.
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.