Regional IT Analyst
- Published on
Category: Research and Development
Location: Nairobi Nairobi Kenya
This position will be responsible to provide the right IT infrastructure solutions in order to meet our business requirements, build stable IT environment and establish a good IT network to support the growth in Africa Region. This position requires a demonstrated ability to manage a diverse portfolio of requests, quickly mediate between competing priorities, and interact with the global IT team, contractors and business management while maintaining a regional perspective and an ability to work with IT department at CIP headquarters in Lima, Peru. The position requires a strong self-starter who can deliver consistently at a tactical level. Also, the person selected needs strong team interaction and business partnerships as well as administrative skills. This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and will report to the IT Global Head.
- Responsible for all new IT initiative for the Regional office in Africa;
- Participate in the IT committee meetings to align initiatives and plans, and to participate on definition plans, priorities, standards and procedures;
- Be the regional IT focal point for all new CIP wide IT initiative or activity;
- Ensure standardization and commonality for the IT hardware, infrastructure across all sites in Africa, in alignment with CIP IT policies and standards;
- Monitor and evaluate local IT vendors’ service performance and provide input to global IT on common vendors performance at Africa;
- Remain knowledgeable of information technology and organization business operations;
- Manage lifecycle of all End User Device including Desktops, Laptops, Printers, sciences peripheral and Mobile phone in alignment with Global IT Operational procedures;
- Responsible for all PC health status; ensure all computers are properly patched, virus protected, backups and follow CIP’s PC and Laptop configuration standards and have the standard image loaded;
- Manage local telecommunication systems and contracts including Mobile, Fixed lines and Internet;
- Responsible for user and local IT focal point training in IT solutions and to manage IT request support through CIP standard ticketing system and provide 1st and certain 2nd level support to local users;
- Support business expansion in regional offices in Africa, especially leading IT infrastructure installation in alignment with CIP standards and Plans;
- Execute all IT Procurement requirements in Africa in accordance to CIP operational procedures;
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by CIP global IT Leader.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, System Engineering, MIS or comparable field.
- At least 3 years of work experience in similar positions providing Windows user application support including escalation to specialized teams and suppliers.
- Desirable experience providing Mac support and working with SharePoint.
- Experience with web pages creation and editing.
- Good IT infrastructure knowledge includes network communication, telephone systems, IT security, etc.
- Good IT infrastructure project experience, e.g. design, implement new plant IT infrastructure solutions.
- ITIL Foundations and Project management studies will be an advantage.
- Flexibility on work hours.
- Advanced speech and writing English language skills.
- Great career opportunity in an international organization;
- Generous compensation package commensurate with experience;
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.