Regional Director for LAC (18-85)
- Published on
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a highly motivated Regional Director to provide strategic direction and develop as well as implement CIP’s research for development portfolio of country led projects in Latin America (Andean region) and the Caribbean.
About the role: This position will be based in Lima, Peru and will report to the Director General. The successful candidate will lead the regional strategy planning in Latin America and the Caribbean, with a focus on Andean agri-food systems development, climate smart agriculture approaches and sustainable livelihoods. The main objective is to grow and diversify CIP’s portfolio in the region, while ensuring CIP regional leadership is delivering quality research for development projects on time, within budget and up to the expectations of all our stakeholders. The Regional Director will be responsible for overall regional project implementation, donor/government relations, communications, marketing and brand management, financial deliverables, strategic partnering, and resource mobilization. She/he will act as the CIP spokesperson in the region to represent CIP with local media, partners, governments and funders.
What are we looking for?
- Advanced degree (PhD or Master) in Economics, Administration or Science disciplines, with management capacities and technical background in a relevant discipline related to agriculture and/or development.
- At least 10 years of experience in a development or international organization, experience in Latin American and the Caribbean (LAC) will be a strong plus.
- Extensive management or leadership experience, preferably leading high-level and diverse talent, to enable
the creation of appropriate regional strategies.
- Proven expertise of leading large funding initiatives and manage large/complex proposals in the region.
- Solid financial management skills and metrics-based management accountability expertise.
- Demonstrated people management and team building skills.
- Proactive approach, with ability to find creative ways to solve problems or exploit potentials.
- Proven capacity to build and develop business networks and strategic partnerships in the region.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Spanish and English.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
- CIP is a global and reputable international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background, and is a recent World Food Price Winner and awarded with the Al-Sumait Award for our Orange Flesh Sweet Potato work in Africa.
- CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world. CIP’s mission contributes to the SDGs: 1,2,3,5,8,13 and 15.
- CIP is a member of the CGIAR Consortium, a network of 15 research centers that are mostly located in
the developing world and supported by more than 50 donor members.
What are we offering?
- Good working environment
- Great career opportunity in an international organization.
- Salary will be internationally competitive, paid in US dollars, and commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive international insurance coverage.
- Attractive retirement plan.
- Three-year term contract with the possibility of renewal.
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
Visit the following link: https://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/ and submit your cover letter and a full C.V. with your references. Screening of applications will begin on October 19, 2018 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Learn more: 18-85 Regional Director for LAC