Regional Co-ordinator – 3 positions
- Published on
ICRISAT is seeking applications from Indian Nationals for the post of Regional Co-ordinator for ILRI Program. The incumbent will be based in Odisha.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid tropics is home to over 2 billion people, with 650 million of these being the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- To coordinate the field activities in two districts i.e. 1) Koraput and Nabarangpur, 2) Kendrapara and Jajpur and 3) Nuapada and Bolangir.
- To collect primary data, implement feeding trail, support feed specialist
- To promote new variety of fodder crops
- To coordinate with CDVO and BVO/AVS of assigned district
- To liaison with CDVO of neighbor district
- To strengthen the relationship with Stakeholders in the project area.
- Post-Graduation in Rural Development, Social Work, Agricultural Economics and Rural Management or Graduation of mentioned subject with 2 years of field experience
- Ability to communicate in Oriya language
- Should be a good team player and adaptable to working in multicultural team.
This is a Consolidated position for 8 months, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent, funding availability, and the Institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 29 March 2019 with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer