Project Manager (20-30)
Category: Research and Development
Location: Lima Lima Peru
ICRAF through its host institution in Peru the International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a Project Manager, who will be responsible to coordinate project implementation and execution. She/he will represent the project operating as the project focal point for communication with partners and external stakeholders
- Coordinate the adequate implementation of project work plan in the Lima and Regional Offices leading to the accomplishment of project results
- Support the implementation of regional activities and the setting up of projects facilities and operational structure in the regions of interventions
- Communicate and represent the project with stakeholders and partners
- Operational decisions related to project implementation and activities in close coordination with Project PI, regional manager.
- Coordinate the Preparation of requested Work Plans and Project Reports, both technical and financial
- Structure a project management tool in line with project M&E plan and coordinate recording and reporting for internal purpose and for sharing with partners
- Supervise budget implementation and correct reporting of expenditure according to budget approved guidelines in close liaison with the regional finance officer.
- Assist the PI, regional manager and finance official in the overall hiring plan of staff and consultants needed within the project
- Regularly communicate about project results and updates on results
- Coordinate management and administrative activities of regional focal points and supervise the correct implementation of operations in the respect of ICRAF policies
- Supervise and monitor progresses in the implementation of regional activities
- Coordinate and facilitate stakeholder meetings for discussion, feedback, fine-tuning of project approaches, building towards consensual action plans
- Help Represent the project in events with a different variety of stakeholders at national and regional level when necessary
- Liaise with project communication and knowledge management team to facilitate communication about project progresses and achievements
- Perform other tasks related to the project in order to achieve its strategic objectives.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Forestry, Agronomy, Environmental Engineering, Biology, geography, ecology or associated field;
- MBA or training in project management and administration desirable
- Minimum 5-years demonstrated professional experience in project management applied to Forestry and Agroforestry or Agricultural Development preferably in the Peruvian Amazon
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated ability on problem solving and capability to work independently;
- Proficiency in relevant software packages (Microsoft Office)
- Good command of the English and Spanish languages, both written and spoken
- Able to travel frequently inside Peru
- ICRAF is an international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R for D background and is dedicated to generating and applying the best available knowledge on the diverse roles that trees play in agricultural landscapes for the benefit of both farmers and the environment.
- The selected candidate will integrate a dynamic and rapidly growing team with exciting opportunities and start a career in an international research center.
- ICRAF and CIP are members of the CGIAR, a network of 15 research centers that are mostly located in the developing world and supported by more than 50 donor members.
- Generous compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Six months term contract with the possibility of renewal.
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.