Project Manager (20-22)
Category: Research and Development
Location: Gokak Karnataka India
International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a dynamic and results-oriented
Project Manager to lead our Karnataka program involving potato seed system,
varietal demonstrations, value chain development, sustainable system
intensification and capacity building of local partners in the state of
Position: The Project Manager should
be driven by the desire to achieve impact on high quality development
interventions in close coordination with UHSB, DoH and CPRI. The selected person
will have overall responsibility for all aspects of project implementation and
reporting. He/she will directly supervise other scientists to be hired for the
project. The position will be based in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. The
assignment will include frequent travel to different project districts in
- PhD level degree in Agriculture / Social Sciences or another relevant field with strong field experience.
- Strong experience of at least 10 years in agriculture
field, coordinating multi-institutional collaboration projects.
- Project Management-Budget Monitoring-Advanced studies in specific
field related to agriculture.
- Experience of coordinating multi-institutional
collaboration in support of rural communities and their governance structures.
- Experience in
fundraising research, technical reporting and budget monitoring.
- Experience of coordinating rigorous M&E and
hands-on technical reporting.
- Strong experience of using communication technologies
as research and development tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and
- Good record of scientific and technical publications.
- Willingness to travel frequently within Karnataka.
What are we offering?
- Great career
opportunity in an international organization.
compensation package commensurate with experience.
- One-year term
contract with the possibility of renewal.
- Work in an equal
and diverse workplace.