Project Management Unit Analyst (N-23-68)
Category: Research and Development
Location: Lima Lima Peru
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking an experienced Project Management Unit (PMU) Analyst to work directly with PMU Manager and CIP Leaders and help them to execute worldwide projects and ensure the delivered on-time, within the applicable scope and budget.
About the role:
This position provides support to operational plans, projects to contribute with the Unit´s goals.
- Support PMU Manager in Lima.
- Support PMU in the development and management of PMU digital tools for portfolio management, monitoring and communication.
This position will be based in Lima, Peru.
Implementation and Compliance
- Manage efficiently and effectively project start-up and close down processes
- Aid project management in preparing annual work plan and quarterly implementation plans, devise means of achieving outputs while staying within budget constraints
- Serve as primary point of contact for project Operations during and after the life of the project
- Assist project team with management and implementation of project deliverables
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with internal CIP Programs,
Regions, DCEs, and operations managers and other project partners.
- Track projects’ annual budgets and forecast while working with project management to
explain variance, and make needed programmatic course corrections if necessary
- Review Project Status Reports to ensure strong monthly financial oversight
- Review invoices from project partners, challenge or approve as appropriate
- Supports Project Leaders with contractual management, linked to the Grants and Contracts
- Completing any tasks assigned by the PMU Manager in an efficient and timely manner.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Monitor progress against project output and provide feedback and action steps to Project Leader to achieve project objectives
- Support PIs in completing and submitting (via GnC) project performance technical reports
- Support with the submission of all Donor required reports with appropriate CIP areas
- Coordinate with the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and Project Management the Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plan per donor requirements
- Regularly champion project successes through stories, website postings, Past Performance
Reports, flyers and corporate capability statements
- Organize and maintain shared knowledge ports for supporting projects (KM Hub, websites)
- Coordinate with Program Leaders to communicate relevant project information throughout the
- Ensure consistent and proper use of the International Potato Center brand
- Liaise with donors and customers to exchange necessary project information
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business, Project Management, Computer Science, and Engineering, or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in project management.
- At least 1 year of experience working with international donors is essential.
- At least 1 year of experience in organizing and maintaining shared knowledge hubs or websites (desirable).
- Demonstrable Proficiency in Excel and Power BI.
- Certification or courses in Project Management and IT (Business analytics, Excel, Power BI, etc.).
- Openness to digital transformation and innovation.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
- Desirable Knowledge in software solutions (ERP).
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, in Spanish and English.
- Recognized as results-oriented team player who is adaptable to changing business needs and capable of contributing to the team’s success effectiveness.
- Strong analytical thinking, customer service oriented, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
- CIP is a global and reputable international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background, and is a recent World Food Prize Winner and awarded with the Al-Sumait Award for our Orange Flesh Sweet Potato work in Africa.
- CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world.
- CIP is a member of the CGIAR Consortium, a network of 15 research centers that are mostly located in the developing world and supported by more than 50 donor members.
What are the conditions?
- Great career opportunity in an international organization.
- Generous compensation package commensurate with experience.
- One-year term contract with the possibility of renewal.
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
How to apply?
Visit the following link: https://cipotato.org/jobs and submit your cover letter and a full C.V. with your references. Screening of applications will begin on August 29th , 2023 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
position will not have contact with children or vulnerable adults.
more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org
is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and professionals from
developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply