N-23-72 Project Budget and Compliance Specialist
International Potato Center
Ref: N-23-72 PBCS/HQ/NRS
Project Budget and Compliance Specialist
The International Potato Center (CIP) is looking for a dynamic Project Budget and Compliance Specialist with excellent financial and analytical skills to oversee the management of budgets and financial compliance of CIP projects, from proposal to completion, globally.
• Monitor funding trends and manage capacity for the functional area to ensure compliance and delivery of financial services to the projects.
• Monitor all the financial aspects according to the agreement, IFRS and donor guidelines, including preparation of proposal budgets, set-up of projects in OCS, preparation and submission of all invoices, financial reports to donors, timely corrections to the general ledger, and maintenance of agreement master files.
• Work with the project team to ensure that all donor related information is disseminated to project and, therefore, abide by donor rules and regulations.
• Maintain appropriate relations with donors and make reports as necessary, ensuring compliance with any terms or conditions agreements.
• Monitors compliance in the projects, including project audit reports and general financial and contracts issues related to projects.
• Develop policies and procedures related to projects accounting and projects financial management, as well as to contribute to those related to grants and contracts management.
• Monitor Portfolio Health: Recovery of Indirect Costs (OH, Chargebacks, Personnel), Potential Risks (Exchange Rate adjustments, Budget Variances/Revisions, Audits tracks)
• Prepares and submits timely and accurate donor reports (W1&W2, W3 and Bilateral Funding) requesting the necessary invoices. Stay current with donor regulations and the award requirements identified in the CIP compliance matrix, to prepare accurate and timely reports.
• Maintains all applicable project records and files in accordance with internal controls, demonstrating compliance with donor requirements.
• Prepares and submits timely and accurate portfolio report (Compliance, Health)
• Comply with applicable health and safety CIP policies and procedures.
What are we looking for?
• At least 6 years of professional experience in the accounting/finance/administrative area.
• Knowledge of the international development funding (Desirable).
• Aptitude for understanding complex regulations and monitoring financial transactions and documentation for compliance.
• Strong Knowledge of Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) guidelines and BMGF projects implementation.
• Strong Knowledge with USAID projects, FAR and ADS rules and regulations and OMB Circulars.
• Accounting software packages (ERP Preferable)
• Proficient in MS Office, especially in Excel.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
• CIP is a global and reputable international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background.
• CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improving nutrition and well-being, and gender equity for poor people in roots, tubers farming and food systems in the developing world.
• CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a global partnership that unites international organizations engaged in research about food security. CGIAR research aims to reduce rural poverty, increase food security, improve human health and nutrition, and sustainable management of natural resources.
What are we offering?
• Excellent working environment.
• Generous compensation package commensurate with experience.
• Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
How to apply?
Visit the following link: https://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/ and submit your cover letter and a full C.V in English with your references. Screening of applications will begin on September 19, 2023 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will not have contact with children or vulnerable adults.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org.
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.