Project Associate – Molecular Breeding
ICRISAT seeks applications for Project Associate in Molecular Breeding to work in rice genetic improvement in a multi-disciplinary team comprising scientists from various disciplines. This position is required to conduct field and laboratory research on superior haplotype introgression of superior genes for traits important. The candidate will consolidate, evaluate and analyse research data related to haplotype-based breeding using appropriate advanced statistical tools independently. Contribute to the preparation of reports and publications, and presentations by summarizing research findings and draft manuscripts. The position will be based at IRRI-SA Hub, ICRISAT Campus, Patancheru. The position is within the Rice Breeding Platform-South Asia Region. It will report to the Regional Breeding Lead – South Asia.
The International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) is the world’s premier research organization dedicated to reducing poverty and hunger through rice science, improving the health and welfare of rice farmers and consumers, and protecting rice-growing environments for future generations. For more information, visit www.irri.org
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more information, visit www.icrisat.org
- Assist in validation of haplotype-based SNP markers to be utilized in the introgression programs
- Conduct field and laboratory research on superior haplotype introgression in the different genetic background for targeted traits
- Analyzing Haplo-NILs for agronomic parameters together with the targeted traits.
- Consolidate, evaluate and analyze research data related to progenies developed through introgression of superior haplotypes for different traits into targeted varieties using appropriate advanced statistical tools independently.
- Drafting of manuscripts for publication in refereed journals, provide inputs to project reports, prepare posters and papers for presentation at local and international conferences.
Qualifications and Experience:
- M.Sc in Plant Breeding/Genetics/Biotechnology/ Molecular Biology
- One-year work experience in Molecular Breeding
- Statistical skills, knowledge of computer applications and software for data collection, management, and analysis
- Respectable publication record, as evidenced by research papers in refereed journals
- Aptitude to work collegially and collaboratively in diverse, multicultural environments
- Good experience in rice molecular research
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential
This is a Consolidated Position for 32 months and renewable depending on the functioning of the incumbent, funding availability, and also the Institute’s ongoing requirement for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 19 May 2020 with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
“ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer”