PHOTO-VIDEO Consultant (ROSTER)- India
Location: New Delhi, India
Reporting to: Communications Unit Senior Manager
Purpose of the roster
ICARDA is building a roster for professional photographers and/or videographers to select from within when relevant opportunities arise.
Professional photographers and/or videographers are welcomed to apply, for an opportunity to be considered for future assignments that will typically be projects to document ICARDA’s work. Contractors will provide digital photographs and/or video for production of human-interest stories, social media materials, campaign publications, and website content, etc. The contract will be home based with required travel for field missions depending on the nature of each assignment.
This call for the roster is published to give an opportunity to applicants to express interest in being part of this roster to undertake the key accountabilities listed below when the opportunities arise.
The International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA) is a treaty-based international non-profit research organization supported by CGIAR. ICARDA’s mission is to reduce poverty, enhance food, water, and nutritional security, as well as environmental health in the face of global challenges including climate change. We do this through innovative science, strategic partnerships, linking research to development and capacity development that take into account gender equality and the role of youth in transforming the dry areas. ICARDA works in partnership with governments, universities, civil society, national agricultural research organization, other CGIAR Research Centers, and the private sector. With its temporary Headquarters in Beirut, Lebanon, ICARDA operates in regional and country offices across Africa, Asia and the Middle East. For more information: www.icarda.org
All CGIAR Centers are currently engaged into a reform process (“One CGIAR’”) that will help ICARDA and CGIAR achieve better impact through more strategically integrated research, unified governance, an integrated structure and new research modalities across participating Research Centers. This transformation is supported by CGIAR donors who have committed to increased funding as a result of these reforms.
- The contractor will work alongside the Communications Staff and Project Staff to develop a project brief and costing that plans and executes 1-5 days trips to the project sites to capture digital image/video material.
- A ‘shopping list’ of images and/or video will be provided by the Communications Unit along with a list of deliverables, and performance indicators.
- Video interviews may be included.
- Post-production of images and/or video will be included.
- Written stories to accompany images may be optional and will be planned within the brief.
- A set of images in RAW format as well as edited/enhanced JPG format images.
- RAW video, preferably in short clips.
- Possible edited video – to be discussed and planned in the brief.
- Basic background information in written form that includes names of subjects included in
- images and/or video, their age, location, job, and description of the photo.
- The medium on which the images and/or video will be delivered on (external drives, etc), will also be planned in the project brief.
- The copyright of all photo and/or video materials produced (raw and edited) will belong to ICARDA.
Desired qualifications, requirements, and experiences for entry into the role
- Contractors will be expected to submit a portfolio of professional quality and appropriate photographic and/or video work to demonstrate their expertise in the medium.
- Contractors will be expected to demonstrate a minimum of eight years’ experience of carrying out such documentation trips in the humanitarian/development sector.
- Contractors should have the capacity to take all responsibility for any permissions required to capture images and/or video while on location.
- Contractors should have the ability to supply their own photographic/video equipment and editing software.
- The inclusion of drone equipment is preferable.
- Contractors will be asked to supply competitive daily rates that include their equipment.
- For longer shoots, contractors will be expected to supply a ‘package’ (discounted daily rates)
- Postproduction rates will depend on the length of the project.
- The contractor will be expected to make their own way to the ICARDA office in target countries. ICARDA will not be responsible for the cost or organization of any international flights to transport the contractor to or from the target country.
- ICARDA will be responsible for the cost and organization of any travel within the target country.
- Contractors must have a right to work in the target countries. ICARDA will not supply working visas for individuals who do not possess the right to work in the target countries.
- Any insurances for both equipment and health, will be at the contractor’s responsibility.
Terms and conditions
- All applications received will be reviewed and will go through a selection process to assess relevant experience and qualifications. Based on the assessment results, successful applications will be placed in a roster at the national consultant’s level.
- Applicants who meet the selection criteria may be contacted for further interviews or assessments and to confirm their continued interest and availability for opportunities. Assignments are projected to be conducted for periods ranging between 1 to 20 days per assignment.
- The roster validity is for a period of 24 months from the date on which applicants are notified of their successful enlistment on the roster.
ICARDA is committed to increasing women representation in its workforce and strongly encourages applications from women.
Applications will be acknowledged, but due to the high number of applications we apologise in advance as only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.