Officer – Program HR Partner
ICRISAT seeks application for the position of Officer – Program HR Partner. This position will be based at ICRISAT’s Headquarters in Patancheru, Hyderabad, India. The incumbent will report to the Senior Manager – Human Resources.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
Through this position ICRISAT’s global workforce is supported in all aspects of the Workforce Lifecycle (attraction, recruitment, selection, remuneration, rewards & recognition, onboarding, performance management, workforce relations, learning & development, deployment, and separation).
The job holder is responsible for frontline interface between Workforce Members, Leadership and Specialists (Employee Relation/ Employee engagement/ Talent Development/ Recruitment/ Compensation and Benefit functions) in resolving HR issues of the designated Programs. Responsible to build strategic partnership with Leadership in instilling trust and confidence among workforce members, and to facilitate systems improvement and adaptability to change and grow through various HR initiatives. The job holder is also responsible for vendor management.
- Provide global HR professional advisory support for entire workforce for all stages of workforce life cycle in consultation with Sr. HR Manager (SHRM).
- Provide HQ-based global advisory role to personnel and managers on workforce management, on-boarding, policy interpretation, learning and development, advancement and recognition and other day-to-day HR related issues.
- Administer various workforce life cycle related transactions including Contract Extension, Probation Confirmation, Performance Appraisals, Leave transactions, Disciplinary cases, Separations and Exits ensuring global consistency in consultation with Research Program Director / HoD of designated Programs.
- Day to day interaction with Workforce members, Supervisors, Managers, Research Program Directors (RPD) / Hear of Division (HoD) of respective designated Programs for their HR needs and queries in the area of respective specialities such as Recruitment, Compensation and Benefits, Early contract modalities, Contract extension, Separations, etc.
- Organize multiple channels of workforce connect and utilize available channels Internal Communication.
- Closely work with new joiner, throughout their probation period and administer early contract modalities (probations) process, contract extensions.
- Build HR capacity in Country Offices (Cos) by identifying, training and supporting HR focal points, and providing practical HR support and oversight at location level.
- Organize and serve on various HR-related organizational committees and take the lead on facilitating key corporate HR-related events.
- Provide proactive global support to Cos by establishing and managing HR communities of practice; Organize annual regional conferences/ Learning and Development sessions on key HR topics with CO HR focal points and managers, organize on-site missions to Regional and Country Offices.
- In partnership with RPDs, review the current CO and regional HR management capacity and plan accordingly, including considering dotted line reporting and upskilling as necessary.
- Partner with Research Program Directors/ Program Directors on resolving employee issues or finalizing Job Description/flow of recruitment for new positions.
- Ensuring SLA are met while delivering operational responsibilities
- Vendor Management of relevant HR initiatives (Specialist area) –
- Working with SHRM on identification of right vendor, creating scope of work and project plan, interacting with vendor and ensuring, in time delivery as per project plan
- Helps SHRM in designing and executing organization level HR initiative
- Periodical travel to designated Research Programs in Africa to spread the HR initiatives.
- Planning, organizing and execution skills
- Has knowledge of facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Interpersonal and influential skills
- Creativity and innovation
- Proficiency in Microsoft excel and power point
Qualification and Experience:
- Post Graduate Diploma /MBA in HR
- Experience of around 5 to 8 years in respective function of HR e.g. Employee Relation/Employee engagement/ Talent development/ Recruitment /Compensation & Benefit
- Good communication skills
- Experience of internal and external stakeholder management
- High Proficiency of MS office tools
- Knowledge of ERP systems
This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) cadre position, initially for a period of three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 28-Nov-19, with a letter of motivation, latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer