Officer – Partnership Development
- Published on
ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian Nationals for the post of Officer (Marketing) – AIP. This position is responsible for development of markets of various products developed from the rural / local community projects of the Agribusiness and Innovation Platform (AIP) in the Research Program – Innovation Systems for Drylands. This position will report to COO-INP program, AIP and is based at ICRISAT- Patancheru, Telangana.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Development of marketing strategy for the various projects of AIP for creating sustainable revenue stream for the project
- Facilitate marketing of various products developed as part of AIP projects by offering better pricing to the rural / local community of the project
- Assist in development of project website, project brochure and pamphlets on various products for effective implementation of marketing strategies
- Providing direct linkage of farmers with the processors and retailers avoiding middlemen to the extent possible
- Assessment of quality standards and price linkages of various products in the local market
- Identification of best marketing channel for farmers and exploring alternative market channels in addition to the current existing channels
- Preparing a database of vendors / traders operating in the project areas
- Assessment of quantity requirements of the vendors / industry for various products for effective aggregation
- Provide market linkages to farmers through the sorghum products SME/mid-size companies using it as raw material
- Identify innovative ways of marketing the project and the related products
- Identification of transportation requirements and availability of service providers in the region
- Master’s Degree in agribusiness or business management (with marketing as specialization) with under graduation in agricultural sciences
- Candidate with min 2 years of experience in marketing
- Candidate should essentially be a good communicator and a team player, resilient and capable of supervising and leading a team of staff, to the success of the Institute’s mandate
- Expertise on marketing plans, marketing strategies, and its implementation for various projects
- Able to break down problems into meaningful parts and come to rational and well-thought out conclusions
- The candidate should have high integrity and able to exercise sound judgment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide range of staff at all levels in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment
This is a Locally Recruited Staff position for two years renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 14-October-2018, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer