Officer – Content Development & Promotion
ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian Nationals for the post of Officer – Content Development & Promotion to develop effective communication and promotional materials. This position is for the Agribusiness and Innovation Platform (AIP) in the Research Program – Innovation Systems for Drylands at ICRISAT. This Position reports to the Chief Operating Officer – Innovation and Partnership Program
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
The Senior Associate – (content development and promotion) is expected to:
- Develop project contents as effective communication tools which will be used for marketing and promotion of AIP activities
- Design, develop the content for different types of communication materials of various AIP projects for print and electronic media like banners, posters, brochures, e-leaflets press release etc. in consultation with Strategic Communications & Marketing (SMC) office of ICRISAT
- Facilitate in designing project reports, progress reports, other communication materials for disseminating info on agribusiness, information about the activities and achievements of the AIP
- Re-design and update the AIP website and develop effective social media content for promotion and publicity
- Perform any other duties as requested by the management of ICRISAT
- Relevant post-graduation degree in mass communications and media applications
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in similar work arrangement, preferably in print and electronic communication industry
- Knowledge of agribusiness, start-ups, and agro-technology is desirable
- Knowledge & skills in designing communication materials and its various aspects
- Knowledge & skills on various web-based applications and web designing
- An understanding of agribusiness and business incubation will also be beneficial
- Team player with the ability to interact with an inter-disciplinary, multicultural support environment
- Excellent presentation and communications skills and the ability to write clear and concise issue briefs and reports in English
- Content development and editing skills
- Adept at using various designing software like Corel Draw, Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Page Maker and other multi-media software
- Basic computer skills in MS Office package
- Good written and oral communication in English is mandatory and other Indian languages will be an added advantage
This is a Locally Recruited Staff position for two years renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 7-October-2018, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer