Officer – Agribusiness
ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian Nationals for the post of Officer – Agribusiness. This position is based at Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. This position reports to Chief Operating Officer – AIP.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
Assist in the establishment of food processing units, operations, related food quality management systems and food production activities under various projects being undertaken at the Agribusiness and Innovation Platform (AIP) of ICRISAT.
- Workout the Plant layout and design
- Machinery installation and commissioning as per layout and design
- Establish and document Food Safety Management System (ISO22000), HACCP protocols etc. at the production units
- Establishment and documentation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the production processes
- Training of the production staff on the Food Safety Management System (ISO22000)
- HACCP protocols etc., product quality control, food safety and hygiene
- To carryout product and formulation scale-up and packaging as per FSSAI regulations
- Establish traceability with respect to analytical, nutritional profiling, and microbiological analysis of food products
- Manage the processing plant operations on a day-to-day basis including record keeping, Human resource management and production management
- Report on the unit operations to the supervisors on a regular basis
- Any other work as and when assigned by the Supervisors
- Master’s Degree in Food processing technology or related discipline with under graduation in food technology or agricultural sciences
- Candidate with min 2 years of experience in marketing
- Candidate should essentially be a good communicator and a team player, resilient and capable of supervising and leading a team of staff, to the success of the Institute’s mandate
- Expertise on marketing plans, marketing strategies, and its implementation for various projects
- Able to break down problems into meaningful parts and come to rational and well-thought out conclusions.
- The candidate should have high integrity and able to exercise sound judgment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide range of staff at all levels in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment
This is a Locally Recruited Staff position for two years renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 14-October-2018, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer