The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Office Coordinator. Reporting to the CIMMYT Country Representative and functionally to the corresponding corporate service support functions at CIMMYT’s headquarters, the Office Coordinator is responsible of the administrative and logistic operations in Senegal.
The duty of post for this position is Dakar, Senegal.
- Develop and implement efficient and effective procedures for budgeting and accounting.
- Advise budget holders on financial management.
- Create solid internal control systems.
- Ensure that CIMMYT’s established financial policies and procedures are adapted and implemented in office.
- Coordinate the timely submission of monthly reports to HQ.
- Assist in the review and monitoring of financial reports from sub grants.
- Maintain efficient relationship with host partner AfricaRice and ensure timely receipt of invoiced services and dispute resolution.
- Ensure compliance with the country’s statutory and financial regulatory framework.
- Ensure compliance with direct and indirect tax regulations. Prepare taxes computations and follow up VAT reimbursements.
- Oversee processing of all bank transfers and reconciliations.
- Ensure timely remittances and accounting of staff advances and payments to vendors.
- Ensure adequate cash flow for office needs and prepare schedules for transfers from CIMMYT’s central account.
- Oversee the integration of CIMMYT’s financial rules and processes with those of the hosting organization, AfricaRice and the industry’s best practices.
- Review transactions of goods and services performed/processed by the host. center on behalf of CIMMYT and ensure that they are aligned with the host center agreement and actual services provided.
- Support and coordinate financial consolidation with CIMMYT’s Global Financial Services team.
- Coordinate any request from CIMMYT’s project leaders and staff based in Senegal with the relevant units at Africa Rice and ensures they are appropriately approved as per CIMMYT delegation of authority before execution with Africe Rice.
- Organize in collaboration with AfricaRice the recruitment of LRS staff as per operational need.
- Support the hiring of consultants and IRS to be posted in country.
- In collaboration with AfricaRice, take responsibility for all Personnel Administration activities (hiring, retiring of regular, temporary and consultants).
- Support the IRS management team at HQ on all requests related to IRS in Senegal.
- Ensure compliance with applicable local legislation and all AfricaRice and CIMMYT HR policies and procedures for various staff categories, including hiring, discipline, promotion, termination, etc.
- In collaboration with AfricaRice, provide timely inputs for all payroll transactions to be processed in accordance with CIMMYT’s and/or AfricaRice’s practice, thus ensuring full compliance with tax and social security provisions.
- Develop, implement and review regular induction sessions for new staff.
- In collaboration with AfricaRice, maintain the LRS staff personnel files and databases.
- Conduct training in country, in collaboration with HR at headquarter by providing information on local needs, market practices and feedback on processes.
- Facilitate the processing of yearly LRS performance evaluation, salary and promotion reviews.
- Contribute to the implementation of HR Information Systems and all associated policies and procedures. Ensure that the information entered in the global HR management system is regularly updated and accurate.
- Ensure appropriate internal communication on HR topics in coordination with HR team at HQ.
- Develop and implement staff wellbeing initiatives.
- Prepare and/or examine documents for exemption processing for all CIMMYT International staff and other protocol related documentation in compliance with Senegal laws.
- Ensure compliance of activities with international norms of diplomatic protocol and sharing the same with relevant staff and CIMMYT stakeholders.
Other administrative responsibilities:
- Conduct procurement in-country to ensure effective and efficient management of the office, in line with CIMMYT’s policies and delegation of authority.
- Work closely with the CIMMYT HQ and the AfricaRice’s support services team to align the procurement process with pertinent polices.
- Ensure compliance with agreements between CIMMYT and partner organizations and government agencies. Support renewal process of the agreements as required.
- Ensure the CIMMYT – AfricaRice management agreement is effectively managed and renewals are done in a timely manner.
- Facilitate the internal and external audits taking place in-country and ensure the implementation of audit recommendations relevant to the organization and/or the RO in collaboration with AfricaRice.
- Arrange meetings, workshops and seminars by supporting travel, VISAs, and help in making arrangements for hotel stay for visitors/officials, conference room booking etc.
- Oversee security matters and coordinate with the AfricaRice security officer and the CIMMYT HQ Risk Management Unit to ensure prompt resolution of any matters arising. Assist in the preparation of the Security SOP, Contingency and Evacuation Plan.
- In collaboration with the CIMMYT HQ Risk Management Unit, prepare and implement the Occupational Health and Safety plan to comply with CIMMYT policies and regulations.
- Support the administration of vehicles.
- Any other activity as required by the supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Bachelor or Master’s in Administration, Finance, HR or operations or equivalent degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in working in a multifunctional domain.
- Experience working with donors and knowledge of donor requirements of funded projects.
- Experience working in international environments.
- In-depth knowledge and hands on experience of MS Office especially MS Word and MS Excel.
- Good Analytical and report writing skills.
- High level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Flexibility in taking up tasks outside of regular job responsibilities as required.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical and Creative thinking. Communication, Teamwork, Negotiation and Conflict Resolution, and Client Orientation.
The position is for an initial fixed-term for one (1) year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds.
Candidates must apply here for SN22241_Office Coordinator. Screening and follow up of applications will begin on Saturday, December 31st, 2022. Applications must include a CV and a cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. For further information on the selection process, please contact Yessica Castillo at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.