Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a proactive, self-motivated and results oriented Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist to join the Integrated Development Program. The objective of this position is to oversee the development and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation plans to capture project performance and results, including routine service delivery data reporting, analytical workflows, assessments, process and outcome evaluations.
The position will be based in CIMMYT’s campus in Mexico. The position may begin remotely from your home base or current location if organizational approval for the relocation to Mexico is delayed due to COVID 19.
- Develop and oversee data flow pattern for the assigned projects that will ensure timely data collection and reporting
- Develop and implement logical and conceptual data flows for analytical processes supporting decision-making at the project and donor level
- Utilize programmatic and quantitative methods to identify patterns and relationships in large data sets, as well as apply mathematical, statistical, and other data-driven analysis to address intelligence questions
- Conduct targeted evaluations and operations research, including design, data collection, management and analysis
- Lead results reporting to donors by providing written documentation on M&E activities and indicator results for progress and annual reports, as appropriate
- Lead efforts to monitor and evaluate project interventions, document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making
- Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audits
- Lead MEL plan for the project Accelerating Genetic Gains in Maize and Wheat (AGG), including data collection flows, quality, analytics and reporting
- Design and implement analytical processes to support decision making across the project portfolio of the Integrated Development Program
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- MSc in Agricultural or Rural Development, Data Management, Statistics, Project Management or related field, with particular interest in Monitoring & Evaluation of planned interventions or equivalent
- 4 to 5 years after degree – Requires conceptual knowledge of theories, practices and procedures within a discipline
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis in agriculture
- Familiarity and experience with project management concepts (Logical Frameworks, Theory of Change, or similar approaches)
- Desired experience with use of participatory and gender sensitive methods for rural appraisals and data collection
- Ability to travel and undertake fieldwork in rural contexts
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical and Creative Thinking, Client Orientation, Communication and Teamwork
The position is for an initial fixed-term for three (3) years, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT’s internationally competitive salary and benefits include housing allowance, car, comprehensive health and life insurance, assistance for children’s education, paid vacation, annual airfare, contribution to a retirement plan, and generous assistance with relocation shipment.
Candidates must apply here for IRS21128_Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist. Screening and follow up of applications will begin on Friday, July 30th, 2021. Applications must include a CV and a cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. For further information on the selection process, please contact Yessica Castillo, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.