Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist, Consultant
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a pro-active and results-oriented Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist, Consultant, to join the Project Management and Regional Corporate Services Coordination.
Timeline: January-June 2021 (30-40 hours/week) with possibility of extension
- Support the annual reporting process for MAIZE, WHEAT CGIAR Research Programs (CRPs) and Excellence in Breeding (EiB) Platform under the leadership of CIMMYT, including:
- Maintain and update project information in MARLO (CGIAR and CIMMYT’s performance management online platform)
- Provide training, outreach, and one-on-one support for all MARLO related questions to Project Leaders
- Ensure all phases of annual reporting are completed on time
- Conduct quality control of all entries in MARLO
- Facilitate Annual Reporting Synthesis with Flagship Leaders (MAIZE/WHEAT), and Module Leaders (EiB)
- Coordinate the quality assurance process of the annual reports through MARLO
- Update database of evaluation recommendations and sharing to promote learning across CIMMYT and the MAIZE, WHEAT, and EiB
- Other MEL activities, as required by the supervisor, including:
- Review of concept notes and proposals from a MEL perspective
- Provide project-level MEL advice, guidance and recommendations to Project Leaders and Project Teams
- Support CGIAR Advisory Services with 2021 Review of Excellence in Breeding Platform
- Graduation with a bachelor’s degree from a well-recognized university in a discipline relevant to the position
- Familiarity with web-based project or program systems or platforms
- Experience in program planning and reporting processes
- Experience in the agricultural research sector
- Experience with online database management
Desirable Education, Experience and Other Skills
- Graduation with a master’s degree from a well-recognized university in a discipline relevant to the position
- Experience working in or closely with the CGIAR
- Experience with MARLO
- Experience with CGIAR planning and/or reporting processes
Candidates must apply here for IRS21111_Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Specialist, Consultancy. Screening and follow up of applications will begin on Friday, January 19th, 2021. Applications must include a CV and a cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. For further information on the selection process, please contact Yessica Castillo, at email@example.com
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.