The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking to recruit one (1) dynamic and experienced Marketing Officer to provide support in the implementation of “Enhancing Agricultural Recovery and Combatting Malnutrition in Drought-Affected Southern Madagascar Utilizing Nutritious, Climate-Resilient Vitamin A Sweetpotato“ BHA project in Madagascar.
The Position: This position will be hosted by AfricaRice in Madagascar. The selected candidate will be based in Ambovombe, and will report to the Project Coordinator.
- Contribute to conduct training courses for Decentralized Vines Multipliers (DVM) on business skills and business plan development,
- Hold timely district-level events and planning meetings to encourage orders of large-scale purchases of vines from DVMs in advance,
- Prepare and conduct awareness campaigns in major markets and promote OFSP consumption and sales through radio broadcasting or any relevant means of communication,
- Identify and train traders on OFSP fresh root consumption, recipes for processed products, and leaf consumption,
- Provide signs in key markets promotion OFSP fresh root consumption, recipes for processed products, and leaf consumption,
- Design and implement marketing plan and ensure its fully integrated with annual work plan and awareness campaigns,
- Design and create attractive marketing content,
- Draw up reports on marketing activities implementation to ensure constant improvement,
- Provide guidance and advice to staff on matters relating to marketing to promote the Project’s objectives and convey appropriate messages to project stakeholders,
- In collaboration with Project Coordinator, PI and Country Director:
- Develop a communication strategy to collaborate with the communication department of the Ministry of Agriculture in Madagascar to promote OFSP as well as CIP’s endeavors,
- Ensure timely and relevant communication support to enhance relationship with donors
- Master’s degree in marketing, business administration or closely related field.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Solid knowledge of marketing techniques and principles
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Creativity, dynamism and commercial awareness
- A team player with a client-oriented approach
- Willingness to travel by road frequently throughout Southern Madagascar and conduct field research under challenging conditions.
- Fluent French, Malagasy and English-speaking skills
- Excellent writing skills in French and Malagasy; good writing skills in English.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
- CIP is a global and reputable international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background.
- CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world.
- CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
What are we offering?
- Excellent working environment.
- Compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Fixed term contract of 1 year with possibility of renewal subject on performance and availability of funds.
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
How to apply?
Visit the following link: https://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/ and submit your cover letter and a full C.V in English with your references. Screening of applications will begin on February 15, 2024 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will not have contact with children or vulnerable adults.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org.
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.