Manager - Facilities and Administration
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI), a CGIAR Research Center is seeking a competent & multi skilled candidate to join its headquarters in Battaramulla, Sri Lanka, as a Manager - Facilities and Administration.
The Manager - Facilities and Administration will oversee and manage all aspects of facilities and administrative services at the IWMI Headquarters, including facilities management, travel, visa, hotel, and food services, as well as transport services. This role also involves supporting IWMI’s regional offices as required, ensuring consistent quality and efficiency in all service areas.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and oversee the maintenance and improvement of facilities at IWMI Headquarters, including scheduling regular maintenance and ensuring compliance with health and safety standards.
- Implement and supervise administrative processes and services, including travel, visa arrangements, hotel bookings, and catering services, ensuring high standards and efficiency.
- Coordinate and provide support to IWMI Regional Offices in facilities and administrative matters, acting as a point of contact and advisor.
- Manage and optimize the use of resources, including the allocation and maintenance of the vehicle fleet, to ensure effective transport services.
- Develop, implement, and maintain administrative policies and procedures, ensuring alignment with organizational goals and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Ensure effective liaison with local authorities and government ministries regarding IWMI's operational needs, particularly in obtaining necessary visas and permits.
- Monitor and evaluate service delivery, initiating improvements and addressing any issues promptly to maintain high service standards.
- Handle emergencies and urgent matters related to facilities and administration, ensuring minimal disruption to IWMI operations.
- Handle Occupational Health and Safety related matters relating to IWMI HQ and IWMI Regional Offices
- Collaborate closely with other departments, such as Human Resources, to ensure integrated and effective service delivery.
- Undertake any other duties assigned by Head of Facilities and Administration.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Facilities Management, Engineering, or a related field.
- At least 10 years of experience in administration and facilities management, with a proven track record of at least 5 years in a managerial role.
- Experience in managing facilities and administrative services in an international or multicultural environment is highly desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to effectively oversee diverse teams and operations.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities, with a focus on delivering high-quality services.
- Proficient in problem-solving and decision-making, with the ability to handle emergencies and unforeseen situations effectively.
- Demonstrated computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English, with the capability to negotiate and interact effectively at all levels.
- Demonstrated integrity and professionalism, with a commitment to upholding organizational values and standards.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and foster a positive work environment.
This is a nationally recruited position and only Sri Lankan nationals will be considered. IWMI offers a competitive salary and benefits package, inclusive of health insurance, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, and long-term disability coverage. The duration of the contract will initially be for a period of three years with the possibility of extension.
HOW TO APPLY: Apply for the position by following the application instructions at www.iwmi.org/jobs. We will be accepting applications through 24:00 (IST) on March 10, 2024 (applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis). Your application must include a CV, cover letter, and three (3) references, which may be contacted if you are shortlisted. Receipt of all applications will be acknowledged, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
IWMI believes that diversity powers our innovation, contributes to our excellence, and is critical for our mission. We offer a multi-cultural, multi-color, multi-generational and multi-disciplinary working environment. We are consciously creating an inclusive organization that reflects our global character and our commitment to gender equity. We, therefore, encourage applicants from all cultures, races, ethnicities, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, and gender identities.