Manager – Quality Standards Implementation and Management
- Published on
ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian nationals for the post of Manager- Quality Standards Implementation and Management based in Patancheru, Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid tropics is home to over 2 billion people, with 650 million of these being the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Elaborate, establish, document and monitor Quality Management Procedures in offices, seed lab, in vitro, cold rooms, crop work area, fields and any area associated to the Genebank.
- Implement and monitor 5S workstation organization tool in entire Genebank area and activities.
- Review existing standards (SOPs and manual) and implement upgrades whenever necessary and implement them
- Elaborate new standards (SOPs) for management, equipment and research activities.
- Implement all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the Genebank processes/ activities
- Train the Genebank staff on the Quality Management procedures and maintain all records updated.
- Implement equipment maintenance and calibration program.
- Liaise with other managers and staff within the Genebank to ensure that the quality standards are followed properly in activities.
- Liaise with other department in ICRISAT to ensure that the management quality standards are adequate to the institution and in accordance to ICRISAT policy.
- Where appropriate, will required to advise on changes and how to implement them and provide training, tools and techniques to enable others to achieve quality standards.
- Report on the unit operations to the supervisor periodically
- Maintain record data pertaining to experimentation and research and check data quality.
- Undertake other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken).
- Proficiency in Computer skills (MS-Office).
- Good team player and adaptable to working in multicultural team.
- Good knowledge of 5S, and Quality Standards as ISO is desirable.
- Master’s Degree in Biological Science subjects from a reputed university with good academic record.
- Proved training and/or experience in Quality Management protocols such as 5S, Kaizen, Six Sigma.
- Preference will be given to those with minimum experience of 5 years in 5S and/or Quality Management as Standards implementation and monitoring.
- Candidate should essentially be a good communicator and a team player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide range of staff at all levels in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment
This is a Scientific and Managerial Group (SMG) position for three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent, funding availability, and the Institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 31 May 2019 with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please click here to submit your application
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer