Manager – Project Finance
ICRISAT seeks applications from dynamic Indian Nationals for the position of Manager – Project Finance. This position is responsible for managing Project Finance and provide support to finance team members at outreach locations in Africa. Oversee a small team in the provision of results-oriented services. This position will report to the Head of Finance and is based at ICRISAT- Patancheru, Telangana.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru, Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR System Organization. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Project accounting and project management
- Review of financial reports in compliance with audit requirements, monthly MIS project reports and budgets for new project proposals
- Review of financial terms & conditions and budgets for new grant agreements and sub-grant agreements to partners
- Management of receivables
- Liaison with Internal & External auditors and inter-departmental liaison
- Oversee and provide accurate and timely information to the management for decision making purposes
- Undertake other jobs assigned from time to time
- Strong knowledge of accounting, in-depth knowledge of accounting standards and reporting requirements including IFRS
- Advanced spreadsheet skills and ERP experience
- Able to break down problems into meaningful parts and come to rational and well-thought out conclusions
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Acumen for process improvement
- The candidate should have high integrity and able to exercise sound judgment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide range of staff at all levels in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment
- Preferably Chartered Accountant / M.Com / MBA with around 7 years proven expertise in handling accounting functions
- Fully conversant with computerized financial accounting and management reporting systems with 7 years of experience in a large organization, of which the last 3 years should have been in a supervisory or managerial position.
- She/he should essentially be a good communicator and a team player, resilient and capable of supervising and leading a team of finance staff, to the success of the Institute’s mandate.
This is a Scientific and Managerial Group (SMG) cadre position, initially for a period of three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 23 December 2018, with their latest Resume, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about their professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer