Manager of Business Development and Strategic Partnership
Manager of Business Development and Strategic Partnership
Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
AfricaRice is seeking a “Manager of Business Development and Strategic Partnership” who will be based at the AfricaRice Head Office in Abidjan Côte d’Ivoire.
The Africa Rice Center (AfricaRice) is a leading pan-African rice research organization committed to improving livelihoods in Africa through strong science and effective partnerships. AfricaRice is a CGIAR Research Center. It is also an intergovernmental association of 28 African member countries, with headquarters in Côte d’Ivoire.
The Manager Business Development and Strategic Partnership will enhance the business development appetite of the center by providing support to business intelligence and resource mobilization and outreach to strategic partners that will add value to the Center’s performance.
The incumbent will report to the Director of Strategic business initiatives and will work with all the Departments at AfricaRice to develop and implement a business development and strategic partnership strategy across a range of reactive and strategically planned opportunities targeted at enhancing the Centers performance and boosting development of the rice sector.
The Manager of Business Development and Strategic Partnership Unit ‘s responsibilities will be as following under each below pillar:
- Identify potential business development opportunities globally, including analyzing and monitoring donor strategies and ensuring the maintenance of complete and up-to-date donor information
- Identify innovative ways of marketing projects and their related products, which can leverage more meaningful partnerships, including assessing and providing background information on prospective new donors including private sector and foundations
- Develop briefing notes and coordinate communication material for donor visits and events in collaboration with the Marketing and Communications Unit.
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing and new partners including private sector partners and position them as strategic partners that will add value to the Center.
- Proactively identify and track partnership opportunities including understanding the potential of partners, which will lead to the development of new, innovative, and productive strategic partnerships that will add value to the Center.
- Work with all departments at AfricaRice to introduce, recommend, present and/or demonstrate possible partnership mechanisms.
- Establish a data and information base on strategic partnerships, including data on the perception of the Center and its services by partners, and carry out evaluations/analyses/interpretations of the data and information in order to strengthen and improve strategic partnership relations.
- Carry out other duties as required by the needs of the Center and as reviewed from time to time by the supervisor.
- Develop and maintain a high performing culture of capacity development within the Center
- Provide support to staff to enable delivery on the enable delivery on the Unit’s work plan
- Conduct meetings, performance management appraisals and support professional development of the members of the Unit when necessary
- Keep management fully informed on key opportunities and challenges faced by the Unit through regular reporting.
Strategy, Finance and Operations
- Develop and oversee the implementation of an annual budget and operational work plan for the Unit.
- Provide inputs to the establishment of the Centers work plan and budget in line with its vision and mission.
Qualifications /Selection Criteria
Education and work experience:
- S/He must hold a relevant master’s degree
- At least 5 years demonstrated experience in business development and resource mobilization with various donors including non-traditional donors and funding organizations.
Knowledge and Key Competencies:
- Ability to develop strong relationships and to leverage it for improving business development performance
- Accomplished financial management and entrepreneurial skills
- Strong inter-personal, relationship building and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in change management and ability to work under minimal supervision
- High level knowledge on global agricultural research and development issues and policies, AfricaRice’s research strategy, value chain and in particularly rice value chain performance in Africa, and on the CGIAR environment
- Highly proficient in the use of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and demonstrate composure under stress and in times of uncertainty.
- Strong ability to assess and analyse challenges and provide rational and well-thought out conclusions and solutions.
- Strong self-motivation whilst being a team player.
- High integrity, result-oriented and able to exercise sound judgment and think creatively and strategically.
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide range of staff at all levels in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
- The candidate should communicate fluently (oral and writing) in both languages English and French or having a good working knowledge in the other language.
Terms and Conditions
- This is an internationally recruited position.
- AfricaRice provides an attractive salary and benefits package and a collegial and gender-sensitive working environment.
- The contract will be for an initial period of three (03) years with the possibility of renewal based on performance and availability of funding.
How to apply
- Only online applications will be considered (If you encounter any technical issue on the career site during your application, or you are prevented to proceed with your application until its final completion: Please kindly revert to us along with the screenshot of the issue through this email: africariceHR@cgiar.org). Applications are not allowed through this email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To Apply click on this following link: http://eservices.africarice.org/application/index.php and follow these below instructions:
- Create an account if you are a new user, if not log on with your credentials to access active vacancies
- Select “Manager of Business Development and Strategic Partnership”
- Follow the step by step application procedure.
Not later than January 13, 2020.
AfricaRice promotes equal opportunities and believes that the diversity of its staff contributes to excellence.
We thank all candidates, but remember that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information on AfricaRice, please visit our website at: www.AfricaRice.org