Manager- Marketing, IFPRI-HarvestPlus
- Published on
ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian nationals for the position of Manager-Marketing. The position is based at ICRISAT- Patancheru.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, apolitical, international organization for science-based agricultural development. Established in 1972, it is an Alliance of centers of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), and supported by more than 48 governments, foundations, and development banks. To reduce poverty, enhance crop productivity and food security and to protect the environment, ICRISAT research focuses on farming systems and crop improvement, management and utilization of sorghum, pearl millet, pigeonpea, chickpea, and groundnut in the semi-arid tropics.
HarvestPlus leads a global effort to improve nutrition and public health by developing and disseminating staple food crops that are rich in vitamins and minerals. HarvestPlus works with public and private sector partners in more than 40 countries. HarvestPlus is part of the CGIAR Research Program on Agriculture for Nutrition and Health (A4NH) and based at the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI). CGIAR is a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. HarvestPlus in India is disseminating high iron pearl millet and high zinc wheat for a significant impact on improved nutritional status.
The position will be based at ICRISAT, Patancheru and report to the HarvestPlus Country Manager
- Lead in the designing and implementing mid and long-term marketing strategy and plans for the biofortified crops to realize the overall goals and objectives of HarvestPlus.
- Develop and implement marketing plan in collaboration with partners to gain market share for biofortified crops in the target markets.
- Develop strong, distinctive branding strategy for biofortified crops.
- Work and coordinate closely with product evaluation team to plan trials to identify potential market segment for biofortified product lines.
- Develop and implement in collaboration with partners pre sowing and post sowing promotion campaign strategy to generate demand.
- Design and conduct product trainings to stakeholders for effective product communication
- Participate in the promotional activities and sales meetings.
- Develop effective promotional materials.
The Marketing Manager will report to the Country Manager and will be working in close collaboration with the, Sr. Project Manager and Project Manager, as well as with the partners.
- Master’s degree in agriculture or in related field. University degree in a relevant field of study, such as business, sales and marketing or extensive related experience, preferably MBA in Agriculture Marketing,
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in field crop seed marketing, brand development & customer relationship management.
- Have demonstrated success in working in multi-disciplinary teams and partnerships
- Strong end-product development focus and ability to successfully deliver products to market.
- Excellent leadership, training and facilitation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to initiate and lead the planning, communication and coordination with research, marketing,
- Demonstrated planning, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Indian seeds markets and customer needs
- Excellent oral and written English communication, persuasion, presentation, and interpersonal skills; fluency in Hindi is necessary and other local languages are preferred.
- Collaborative, self-motivated and able to work well within a multi-disciplinary teams
- Willingness to undertake regular travel in the rural areas.
- Able to use market research effectively to understand customer, markets, channels
- Has deep and broad product knowledge
- Strategic and analytical thinker and problem solver.
- Excellent team playing skills with the ability to work with minimum supervision.
This is a Scientific and Managerial Group [SMG] position for three years and extendable depending on performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 22 June 2019; with a letter of motivation, latest curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about their professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please click here to submit your application
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer