- Published on
ICRISAT is seeking applications from Indian nationals, who are dynamic and highly motivated professionals for the position of Manager-Internal Audit. The position would report to the Head, Internal Audit.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid tropics is home to over 2 billion people, with 650 million of these being the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
ICRISAT is looking for a Manager-Internal Audit to be based at their Headquarters located in Patancheru, Hyderabad. The key responsibilities include executing risk-based Audit Plans by planning, scheduling, performing/supervising financial, operational system and process audits of business Units across India and Africa in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and assist in fostering improved organizational processes and operations.
- Assisting in developing risk based audit plans by evaluating the risk register and the internal assessments of areas conducting the internal audit of various financial, operational and process areas across ICRISAT Headquarters and location Offices based at Africa in accordance with Audit Plan approved by the Governing Board.
- Ensuring compliance with the IIA standards while conducting audits.
- Maintaining a system of follow-up of implementation of audit recommendations
- Analyzing financial data from the relevant financial information system as relevant to the audit.
- Adding value to the organization through
- recommending control improvements that include process, operational and financial efficiencies
- promoting governance concepts and ethical environment
- facilitating adoption of good practices
- providing assurance and consulting services to the management
- Fostering proactive and professional relationships with the executive and line management through ongoing evaluation of the internal control framework, providing insight on business risk and control processes.
- Drafting audit reports with relevant recommendations for the management including supervising the work of team members for effective completion of audit plan
- Assisting in preparation of periodic activity reports of the Internal Audit function for submission to the Director-General/Audit Committee of the Governing Board.
- Assisting Head of Internal Audit in investigating and closing whistleblower complaints wherever needed.
- A Chartered Accountant with strong internal audit experience/financial audit experience. An additional certification of CIA/ CISA/CWA/CFE would be preferred.
- Detailed orientated and fully conversant with internal audit standards and practices with minimum 6-8 years of post-qualification experience.
- Working Knowledge of Sun System/data analytical tools is highly desirable
- Experience with industry standards and frameworks such as COBIT, COSO etc.
- Strong technical, analytical, interpersonal communication and management experience
- She/he should essentially be an excellent communicator, team player, and contribute to the success of the Institute’s mandate.
- Initiative – She / He should be able to work independently and propose new initiatives.
- Analytical thinking – An analytical mind-set and numerical skills to work with large amounts of data.
- Judgment – the ability to think objectively, strong ethical standards, as well as high levels of integrity to adhere to Profession’s code of Conduct.
- Organization skills – An organized person who is able to prioritize their workload, as well as be resilient and calm under pressure.
- Communication skills – In addition to technical skills, excellent oral & written communication skills are key for the position.
The is a Scientific and Managerial Group (SMG) position for three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the Institute’s continuing need for the position. The last date of application is 7 March 2019.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer