Manager – Grants and Contracts
ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian Nationals for the post of Manager – Grants & Contracts position of Strategic Marketing & Communication program to be based at ICRISAT – Patancheru, India.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in Sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
Under the direction and supervision of the Assistant Director General – External Relations and Strategic Marketing, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Contracts review and process
- Grants and Contracts Management of ICRISAT, including ICRISAT ‘s eight locations in West and Central Africa; and East and Southern Africa.
- Draft and process MOUs/MOAs, Partner Sub-Grant Agreements, and Project Agreements for execution by the Director General.
- Draft Amendments/Novation Agreements, Consortium Agreements, Hosting Agreements, Host-Country Agreements, etc.
- Critically review the Contracts and Project Agreements, and flag issues that do not conform to ICRISAT policies.
- Effectively negotiate with Donors and Partners to resolve and redraft the terms and conditions of the agreements that are non-conforming with ICRISAT policies and practices.
- Oversee the monitoring of the existing agreements and grants with investors to ensure timely and prompt reporting to the development investors.
- Contracts and grant management
- Maintain, update and manage repository of the grants and contracts in the SalesForce portal. Share institutional information and past project experiences to scientists for including in the project proposals as required.
- Oversee and support the Grants Management Officer for background notes, donor flyers, aide memoire, donors database, newsletters and alerts;
- Donor Intelligence and MIS
- Oversee, along with Manager – Grants Management, the intelligence data needed for fundraising strategies.
- Contribute and oversee generation of MIS reports on projects pipeline, grants and contracts periodically as required for the management
- Due Diligence
- Conduct due diligence of new NGOs and Private Sector partner institutions to assess their eligibility for collaboration with ICRISAT in bilateral projects. Process to renew due diligence approval of existing NGOs and Private Sector Partner Institutions after expiry of term.
- A Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Agriculture/Science is preferable
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LL.B.) is essential
- At least 8-10 years of experience in contracts and grants management in an international or national research organization since qualified in law
- The candidate should have very intrinsic understanding and interpreting contractual terms.
- Proficiency in drafting contracts, agreements, all related legal documents and important communications to the donors and partners is essential.
- Should be well versed in Contracts Law.
- Closely liaise with Financial Services, Scientists, Program/Regional Directors, DDG-R, IP Unit, and Legal Cell with regard to review and processing of all contracts and agreements.
- Should be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Should be familiar with the use of Microsoft Office software, databases and project management systems.
- Ability to proactively liaise with the researchers at all ICRISAT locations across different cultures.
- Advise scientists in the preparation and processing of proposal packaging per donor requirements; and draft and provide letters of support, etc.
- Support and advise the researchers and management of ICRISAT on investor related matters;
- Ability to facilitate multi-locational administrative processes/procedures.
- Hands-on problem-solver with strong analytical abilities.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and as a team member
- Affinity with team-building approaches, capacity strengthening and facilitation of training.
- Ability to manage tasks independently or with limited supervision to meet agreed timelines
- Experience with CG Systems will be an asset.
This is a Scientific / Managerial Position (SMG) position for three years renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 17-March-2019, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer