ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian Nationals for the post of Manager (Agribusiness). This position is responsible for managing the projects of the Agribusiness and Innovation Platform (AIP) in the Research Program – Innovation Systems for Drylands. This position will report to CEO-AIP and is based at ICRISAT- Patancheru, Telangana.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Project planning and assist in the execution of the national and international projects of AIP.
- To take a lead in organizing capacity building and training programs for African nationals and project farmers across the country
- Providing networking support and liaising with the stakeholders and farmers like the various relevant departments in the State Govt., Research Institutions, Agricultural Universities, International Institutions, Developmental Organizations, Private Sector Companies etc. in smooth execution of the projects and training program and visits
- Providing backward and forward linkage of farmers to the agro processors/units supported by the local authorities
- Fund mobilizing through projects for AIP-ICRISAT and integration with other programs of Agribusiness and Innovation Platform (AIP) at ICRISAT
- Develop mechanisms of working with ICRISAT scientist on PPP mode to enhance the outcomes of ICRISAT
- Generate resources through conventional and innovative programs and adopt new revenue generation mechanisms in line with AIP ICRISAT strategy
- Liaise with all the AIP programs in enhancing the operations of AIP ICRISAT for enhanced impact
- Master’s Degree in agribusiness or business management (2 years course) with under graduation in agricultural sciences (4 years)
- Candidate with min 12 years of experience in the agro-based industry and academia
- Fully conversant with computer skills (general software) and management reporting systems with 7 years of experience in a large organization, of which the last 3 years should have been in a supervisory or managerial position
- She/he should essentially be a good communicator and a team player, resilient and capable of supervising and leading a team of staff, to the success of the Institute’s mandate
- Day to day management of the projects in AIP
- Expertise in project planning and implementation plan development for project execution
- Able to break down problems into meaningful parts and come to rational and well-thought out conclusions.
- Acumen for process improvement.
- The candidate should have high integrity and ability to exercise sound judgment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide range of staff at all levels in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment
This is a Scientific and Managerial Group (SMG) cadre position, initially for a period of two years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 18-October-2018, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer