M23329 Hub Coordinator
CIMMYT is a cutting edge, non-profit, international organization dedicated to solving tomorrow’s problems today. It is entrusted with fostering improved quantity, quality, and dependability of production systems and basic cereals such as maize, wheat, triticale, sorghum, millets, and associated crops through applied agricultural science, particularly in the Global South, through building strong partnerships. This combination enhances the livelihood trajectories and resilience of millions of resource-poor farmers, while working towards a more productive, inclusive, and resilient agrifood system within planetary boundaries.
CIMMYT is seeking a proactive, innovative, and self-motivated professional for the position of Hub Coordinator to Support the Hub Manager in the coordination of the interaction between stakeholders in the agricultural production chain, to develop, disseminate and enhance sustainable agriculture in the assigned area in the Sustainable Agrifood Systems (SAS) of CIMMYT.
The positions will be based at CIMMYT Hub Bajio in Celaya, Guanajuato.
- Help to identify local needs and relevant agricultural technologies that offer a high potential impact on the productivity of the agricultural system in the assigned area of the Hub.
- Assist the Hub Manager in facilitating and forming partnerships among a wide range of public and private organizations, farmers, educational and research institutions, to design, test, validate and effectively deliver integrated technologies for the development and dissemination of sustainable agriculture in influence of the Hub.
- Collaborate in improving local training materials and approaches for implementing the activities of frontline with extension staff, farmers, and the private sector in a coordinated manner.
- Implement integrated action plans to generate adaptation and extension of technology.
- Support to monitor activities and develop strategies and methods to quantify the impacts of extension technologies in the Hub’s region.
- Design and coordinate technical support and field activities in the assigned area of the Hub.
- Be responsible for basic administration and budgets of projects assigned by the Hub Manager.
- For new projects assigned by the Hub Manager, assume an exploratory role (e.g. who are the important actors in the designated area), make contacts, establish relationships, and identify the actors open to collaboration.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by supervisor from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in agronomy, agribusiness, sustainable agricultural innovation or similar area.
- At least 3 years of experience in similar role.
- Intermediate supervisory knowledge.
- The incumbent performs most of its activities through visits to farmers' fields facing the risks inherent with travelling by road.
- Intermediate level of English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of B2 as per CEFR).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical Thinking, Teamwork, Client Orientation, Problem Solving, Decision Making, Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
CIMMYT Offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).